Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Wonder if we could tempt Lee Grant. 

34, but did well in Butland's absence. Could give us a coupe of years of solidity while we (hopefully) transition back to the PL.

I think your avatar sums up both how villa fans are feeling at the moment and how attractive we are as a team. 

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:23, LancsVillan said:

He is better with the ball at his feet than either Chester or Baker for me, but his actual ability isn't as good as he thinks it is and there is an error waiting every game. 

I think this sums him up perfectly.

He is good with the ball at his feet, but he's just so casual. It means when he does stuff well it looks good and composed, but it also means he's prone to errors.

I think we need someone in between Baker and Elphick. I love Baker and I think defensively he's sound. But he is one of the major reasons we hoof it so much.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Elphicks been poor 75% of the season, and he has premier league experience. think its time to move him on. if we can get 3m for him be good business 

12 games is hardly what you'd call "experienced".

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Linked again with blouse. If we can get 3m for him I'm very happy

if it was down to me i would not sell that rabble the pigeon shit from the rafters of the Trinity Road stand let alone any of our players...regardless

• Like 2

Like so many of our players, good at some things and not at others and prone to errors at crucial times.

another liability for me.

Edited by TRO

Would he even play at SHA.

They just signed Roberts for 5m and Michael Morrison is a very solid CB at this level, him coming back from injury for final two games got them the two clean sheets to keep them up.

Bog standard defender though who I'd imagine we will move on as he's arguably 5th choice in the pecking order now.

They would have to stop him headbutting the goalposts. They are so rotten and rusted at the sty they would probably fragment into a rusty pile of old crap thereby improving the place enormously. 

• Like 1

I had hopes for him. Didn't he cause a bloodied head  in two of his first games,three including his own? looked like he might be a cult hero . I still think he would start in most championship teams , and clearly a good person to have in the dressing room.  I just don't want him to go to that lot because I like him

Edited by Infinte_Pest

Â