Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Thought he was at fault for the second personally 

For me, it was miscommunication between Baker and Chester, not Elphick. In my opinion we can blame him for a lot of errors, but not the goals Nottingham scored.

Edited by Taxahunter

28 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

For me, it was miscommunication between Baker and Chester, not Elphick. In my opinion we can blame him for a lot of errors, but not the goals Nottingham scored.

Thanks for saving me having to post that as that's the way I saw it. Baker was very slow to react and God knows why Chester allowed the forest player to have such space 

• Like 1

I think the Cb,s are missing Jed.

I don't think ours naturally dominate like the Leeds 2 do.Hence they need someone in front of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:08, Demitri_C said:

So your seriously blaming him for Johnstone fumble?? That was a routine save very pathetic goalkeeping. The tea lady is as much to blame as elphick was for that goal.

100% lame Johnstones fault

I stand corrected and it was also Chester and not Elphick..................... but the second goal was schoolboy ballwatching in the 6 yard box ,criminal...............

22 hours ago, TRO said:

I think the Cb,s are missing Jed.

I don't think ours naturally dominate like the Leeds 2 do.Hence they need someone in front of them.

Yup, typical, we get brilliant box to box and attacking midfielders, only to lose our enforcer which would allow them to play.

Villa luck! lol

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:43, Taxahunter said:

In my opinion they were all at fault. Baker and Chester should both never be headering that ball but Elphick also has to cover there, he is ball watching and doesn't notice the free man. I just put it down to reaction time and being able to read the game. Too often these two attributes let him down, he is often slow thinking and it gets him in trouble.

So in my opinion you can say he was at fault for the second goal, I wouldn't say to blame at all but if you watch how he reacts to the situation is isn't the best.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, typical, we get brilliant box to box and attacking midfielders, only to lose our enforcer which would allow them to play.

Villa luck! lol

Yea.....I think it has scuppered any notion of balance to the midfield, yet.

i think Jed is crucial to it all, but I am not foolish enough to not see his downsides.

I would like to see a more mobile younger version be signed in the summer.

He is at the wrong end of his career for us and we are relying on him too much.

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Another slip that led to a goal. Is this guy a total liability or what.

A tad harsh - we limited them to one shot on target and no surprise it went in .

Elphick is not a liability but maybe we shouldn't have even playing with 3 central defenders at home to a team in the bottom 8

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

A tad harsh - we limited them to one shot on target and no surprise it went in .

Elphick is not a liability but maybe we shouldn't have even playing with 3 central defenders at home to a team in the bottom 8

He seems to be very unlucky, or then I just don't like him and notice whenever he makes a mistake.

Â