Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Just now, thabucks said:

I'm worried his apparent positive personality & leadership qualities on and off the pitch are overriding the fact he is lacks ability and is actually shite. 

after recent results I am sure his positivity has took a beating 

We are a team in the bottom reaches of the championship - we are not going to attract top quality players here at the moment and elphick is ok for £3m - there is so much chopping and changing of system and players it's hard for anyone to look consistent at the moment - there are more culpable players than elphick for our situation .

17 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

also this isn't just elphics fault but why do we defend so deep against everybody in every game.

Lack of pace in the back 4 makes it a necessity really. If we had a confident keeper to sweep up, it maybe wouldn't be a big deal. But that keeper and this defence means we have to defend really deep.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Poor stuff that neither he nor Chester as captaiNs could be bothered to check on hogan whilst he spent minutes on the deck - team spirit is nil 

I don't get this. If I was a player, I'd let the medical staff do their job instead of crowding the injured player. They were going to find out what happened to Hogan after the match anyway. When someone is hurt, you should give them space and let them talk to the medical staff instead of going up to the player asking them what is wrong. It just stops him from getting treatment. 

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:14, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone think elphicks forms dipped since Chester was made captain? I don't see the same passion from him when we first signed him and first few games  

He wasn't really that good in the first few games if we're honest.

Total mug player imo, certainly one who was overhyped considering none of us would have really seen him play for Bournemouth.

When they were promoted from the championship it wasn't because they had a great defensive record.

On 15/02/2017 at 07:14, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone think elphicks forms dipped since Chester was made captain? I don't see the same passion from him when we first signed him and first few games  

No he was always garbage and culpable for a lot of our last minute failures under RDM.  Why we signed a cast off from Bournemouth when he barely played for them last season is a mystery

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He wasn't really that good in the first few games if we're honest.

Total mug player imo, certainly one who was overhyped considering none of us would have really seen him play for Bournemouth.

When they were promoted from the championship it wasn't because they had a great defensive record.

I think it was the reputation that he came with as a leader and an inspiration which people got excited about. especially since we had come off a season of unprofessionalism 

The understanding is there, the ability is not.

Very poor.

Struck gold by happening to be at Bournemouth when they went up like a meteor. That alone has made him a millionaire. If he was at Plymouth, he'd never have made it out of League 2.

Â