Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

We could and should have used him today. The partnership between Baker and Chester looks more and more dodgy and today it just collapsed...I have never understood why people want to have Baker in the team ahead of Elphick, but it might just be me.

Baker's been one of our best players this season, Elphick is a walking mistake. I like the guy, but he's been absolutely awful for us.

On 01/02/2017 at 08:18, kurtsimonw said:

Baker's been one of our best players this season, Elphick is a walking mistake. I like the guy, but he's been absolutely awful for us.

He's not been that bad - I'd have no worries should elphick return tomorrow.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

The only problem is, is that he's not very good. 

Go back to the first few pages on here after his debut and people were lauding him

He's not a bad player. 

Just now, Xela said:

Go back to the first few pages on here after his debut and people were lauding him

He's not a bad player. 

People were wrong. He wasn't even that good on his debut. He just roused the crowd on a few occasions. 

Overall, he's been garbage.

• Like 2

He might have been decent at one point in his career but he looks off the pace and a liability. Despite sounding good he does not inspire confidence when I see him in the team. Yes Baker was poor in the last game as was Chester to an extent but that's our best partnership going forward.

Too slow and will be targeted time and time again by the opposition if played.

Usually when I hear a manager say that such and such is a model pro it's to compensate for not playing him.

• Like 1

Guys, come on, you can't fault Elphick for anything else, than the missed chances. None of the goals was his fault, so please stop trying to make this guy the scapegoat, it's starting to be pathetic...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Guys, come on, you can't fault Elphick for anything else, than the missed chances. None of the goals was his fault, so please stop trying to make this guy the scapegoat, it's starting to be pathetic...

Apart from being flat footed after the keepers wank fumble, and ball watching for the second goal............ he did great !!  #FacePalm

43 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Apart from being flat footed after the keepers wank fumble, and ball watching for the second goal............ he did great !!  #FacePalm

So your seriously blaming him for Johnstone fumble?? That was a routine save very pathetic goalkeeping. The tea lady is as much to blame as elphick was for that goal.

100% lame Johnstones fault

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So your seriously blaming him for Johnstone fumble?? That was a routine save very pathetic goalkeeping. The tea lady is as much to blame as elphick was for that goal.

100% lame Johnstones fault

Thought he was at fault for the second personally 

Â