Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I was dissapointed to see us looking like an average championship club at the weekend but god that was dreadful. I've seen us sink to some lows but this might be the worst or close. Same story as last year, Creating nothing and cannot defend, difference last year was that it was against Premier league opposition. Need to seriously get behind the lads in the next two games before the root starts to set in again.

Come on Villa!!!

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I was all for givong him time to turn things aeound, but after tonight he's lost my support. He has had more than enough time to review the situation and study last year in depth. And yet *still* he plays Richards at CB and makes him Captain.

That cannot be the action of a man who put enough effort in to studying the squad and players, surely?

Not good enough. Not even close.

You are going to have to do a lot to regain my support now Roberto. A lot.

Lost your support after two games. 

**** me. 

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I think it's realistic to say we need to get rid of 95% of the squad at start again from scratch. Everyone who has been mentally scared from the previous 4  seasons needs to go...

problem is we all said this last February maybe even before but club took too long to react

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

4-2-3-1 doesnt work for us. Please change as its been tried for years and made us into a joke along with the players we have

Didn't look like we played that way to me. 

It looked much more like a 4-4-2 which didn't work

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't look like we played that way to me. 

It looked much more like a 4-4-2 which didn't work

Need to go back to 4-3-3 I think.

Edit; Another season, a lower level than usual and yet again we're still ridiculously lightweight in central midfield.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I took loads of positives from Sunday . Not one positive tonight, not one thing

I wish I had watched the diving.

• Like 1

Don't think McCormack is fully fit yet. He looked pretty exhausted at the end of the first half and it's pretty easy to get injured if your body is not fully fit especially considering we played a few days ago.

Subbing on Gestede was not bad, but I did not understand Hutton. Even if Baker was hurt, why not bring on Elphick? 

Just now, Czechlad said:

Don't think McCormack is fully fit yet. He looked pretty exhausted at the end of the first half and it's pretty easy to get injured if your body is not fully fit especially considering we played a few days ago.

Subbing on Gestede was not bad, but I did not understand Hutton. Even if Baker was hurt, why not bring on Elphick? 

I'm not sure Scottish players ever really reach full fitness...

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Lost your support after two games. 

**** me. 

Perhaps 'support' was the wrong word, but any real belief I had in him has pretty much been eroded away today. I cannot understand what he was thinking or why he thinks that the players most to blame for last season deserve another shot. They clearly don't.

If he was the correct manager for us he would have seen this before today.

Appoint manager. Cue excitement and euphoria. He is saying all the right things, love his calm demanour, heck he could be our saviour. 

Lose a few games. 

Terrible manager. Is he even a manager? Get rid. Should have got Pearson. 

Manager is sacked. 

Cycle continues ad infinitum. 

Edited by West
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Richard said:

I took loads of positives from Sunday . Not one positive tonight, not one thing

How I see it too. 

Dismal performance tonight, and as I said in the Ratings & Reactions thread he has very little time to turn it around. Losing at home to Rotherham would suggest a long battle to avoid relegation rather than a tilt at promotion. 

He needs to get a clue about Micah Richards ASAP. 

2 minutes ago, West said:

Appoint manager. Cue excitement and euphoria. He is saying all the right things, love his calm demanour, heck he could be our saviour. 

Lose a few games. 

Terrible manager. Is he even a manager? Get rid. Should have got Pearson. 

Manager is sacked. 

Cycle continues ad infinitum. 

in fairness I still think Pearson was the correct choice but club bottled it and we with RDM now

Pearson wouldnt have stood for that bullshit tonight

• Like 3

Â