Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

A 14 million striker who is not yet match fit, so had to come off, hence nullifying our threat. Frustrating, yes. Disappointing, yes. A fact, yes.

Why play him them ?  - Put the side out that will win the game in front of you. 

Just now, markavfc40 said:

There were glimpses under the previous managers. The biggest problem that remains at this club is that mentally our players are weak and are now used to losing. We concede a goal and we crumble and there is an air of oh no here we go again and players start to panic. We saw it last night and we saw it in the friendly against Boro.

Too many of these players are beyond fixing and you’d have to hope that the penny as dropped for Di Matteo now. I would not be surprised if a number of our players look great in training and Di Matteo could well have been thinking I can get something out of this lot that the previous managers failed to. Now the reality of what happens on match day should hopefully be a massive eye opener.

We need 5 or 6 players to come in over the next three weeks and the balance needs to shift from a team made up of the vast majority of players who were here last season to one where the vast majority are new players and not tarnished by what went on previously.

The vast majority of fans knew that this squad needed a major overhaul to have any chance of getting some forward momentum and I’d like to think if he didn’t know before that Di Matteo now thinks the same.

The biggest problem is we keep appointing these weedy, wimpy managers - until that changes we won't do anything of note.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

The biggest problem is we keep appointing these weedy, wimpy managers - until that changes we won't do anything of note.

Is Klopp an authoritarian, or Ancelloti - success is not just about the manager and his style its about the whole club. They are turning this ship around, but it will take time. Jump if you want to.

My worry is that new players become infected by the poison of the existing shit. To stop that happening we need to quickly remove the poison from the club. Been saying similar all summer and here we are three weeks away from keeping poison here . 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

and here we are three weeks away from keeping poison here . 

Presumably we can get shot of them at any point in the season, not just in a transfer window?? 

We're three weeks away from not being able to get any new players in, but I understood prior to last night that we had a few irons in a few fires. I think there'll probably be a few more today.

• Like 1

I don't think Gollini, Elphick, Tshibola or McCormack will be tainted by the deadwood still at Villa but it's clear as day to me that players like Richards, Hutton, Okore, Cissokho, Bunn, Ayew, Bacuna and Gestede are all totally f***ed in terms of confidence and I would be inclined to get rid of almost all of them.

Ayew in particular really disappointed last night. I know he scored and looked good for half an hour but after that he became a petulant prat.

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

My worry is that new players become infected by the poison of the existing shit. To stop that happening we need to quickly remove the poison from the club. Been saying similar all summer and here we are three weeks away from keeping poison here . 

I dare say it's not for a lack of trying - just not easy to get rid of players who are 1) shit and 2) on big money. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Is Klopp an authoritarian, or Ancelloti - success is not just about the manager and his style its about the whole club. They are turning this ship around, but it will take time. Jump if you want to.

There is very little evidence that RDM is turning things around. (IMO). (last Season we notts county and blues in the cup)

The managers you name above win a quota of games wherever they go. 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

There is very little evidence that RDM is turning things around. (IMO). (last Season we notts county and blues in the cup)

The managers you name above win a quota of games wherever they go. 

I said success (including turning things around, if that is your definition) isn't just about the manager. We are in a bad way, the squad is rotten. The manager and those above him are doing all they can to make a difference - did you expect us to be cured after two months? Of course you didn't. Be patient. 

24 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

To get him match fit for the much more important league games coming up. What other striker would have guaranteed us a win last night?  

Don't know.

But its the managers decision to play a half fit striker - or play a fully fit but less proven striker. It his call which is most likely to win the game. He can't make the decision than say 'Ah well I had a half fit striker'. 

To be fair RDM isn't making excuses. He knows what will happen if he doesn't start winning games. He has the tools to beat 4th division teams - If he can't do it, He will suffer the consequences.

Patience is lacking in some i'm afraid. It's not as easy  as playing a simulated game and getting rid of bad apples with a click of a mouse or button. By all means put them in a bomb squad but they are still there like s virus that spreads. And villa can't just tell them to stay away (gardening leave etc) they'd have the players union on thier backs. Let the owner and manager do thier culling etc. 

Lets not panic and start the negativity in the ground already it won't help the players the manager or the club. Until they get the recruits they obviously are looking at and want, let's hope we give them all more time than two matches. 

Edited by nazvfc

Get rid of Hutton and Richards - 1st Priority.  Richards doesn't give a shit.  Like seriously, his body language is appalling, and he's SO slow.. it amazes me because he used to be rapid.  Hutton tries hard, something I will give him, but he's so limited technically.  His out of position, he can't cross, he can't shoot, he's not very good at defending, he's a aggressive and works hard, that's it.  Back to Rangers for £3m please - being saying it since the day he got here from Spurs.

2nd Job, tell your midfielders that they have to help out and defend.  We had Gardner, Tish, Grealish & some other bloke I don't even know or care about all stood 30 yards from the defenders, who for some reason keep trying to play it to feet at that distance.  It's pathetic.  ONE of them has to drop, one of them has to be around the strikers or hit the wing for an out ball.  GREEN is the guy I forgot about, he was very bad in the 2nd half, he did nothing apart from keep putting bad passes to Hutton. 

Gestede needs to try and win something in the air.  I thought Peter Crouch was a **** 6'7" dwarf he he "jumped", but this dude, **** me.. Nothing stuck.

Ayew did ok, he worked hard going forward, lost it a few times but did nothing to defend.

Amavi was alright.. he wanted to attack but there was nothing in front of him, so he had to resort to lumping balls up, which then got returned when he was out of position.

The change we needed to make last night was to put a 33-year old on who knows how to play football. 

ABSOLUTELY NO LEADERSHIP on the pitch.  We're absolutely desperate for a Barry, Jedinak, Petrov, Keane - any **** who can say "Stop going forward and help out at the back, we can build attacked against a league 2 side you **** morons".

Absolute shit show. Can't take it anymore, we're awful.  It'll change on the weekend, we'll win and everything will be rosy again.

BUY EXPERIENCE!

• Like 3

He needs time to sort this out.

So many of the deadwood has gone and I'd suggest more will go in the coming weeks. It can't all happen in a few days. I think the fact that Richards moved from rb to CB at half time was evidence of last chance saloon. I think it was a pre-planned half time change... Show us what you can do in either position as he didn't have much chance in pre-season. **** all being the answer. 

To to be writing off the manager after 2 games and not even a full transfer window (which we've done pretty damn well in so far) is madness. I don't think any manager, being a lunatic or not, would get anything from certain members of this squad. 

Patience really is key for us now... Let's just see di Matteo reaction to this. Does anyone think we would've crumbled like that with elphick at the back? I certainly don't. I think we will win Saturday and everything will be a bit rosier!

25 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I said success (including turning things around, if that is your definition) isn't just about the manager. We are in a bad way, the squad is rotten. The manager and those above him are doing all they can to make a difference - did you expect us to be cured after two months? Of course you didn't. Be patient. 

I don't expect RDM to ever cure us if Im honest..

Â