Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

The big criticism of him at West Brom was that he was very laid back in his approach in terms of managing and on the training ground.

No idea what he's been like here so far but the fact he seems to be viewing Bacuna, Westwood, Richards and Hutton as key players for this years apparent promotion challenge is incredibly worrying I think.

Deluded could be another term, none of them should be starting if we're serious about promotion as none of them know how to win games for a start.

We are still a mess which is really disappointing considering the change of ownership.

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think he's been great so far but some decisions tonight were a big mistake. I hope he sees that with the loss and rectifies it.

What's been great so far ? I'm all for giving him time , but things do not look much better to me at the moment.

Tonight needs to be a huge wake up call for him.  If he thinks any of last year's squad are basically OK and can be improved by proper coaching he is delusional. Anyone who was in our squad last year is absolute dirt.  We genuinely bought an entire squad of appallingly bad Footballer's.  None are good enough and all need to be gone. . Some we can get money for but they ALL need to go or be kept away from the new players.  I don't care if we have to make a new bomb squad. . We need a other 7 new players at least. 

• Like 1

I just cannot believe, that given how we played last year, we haven't spent 24/7 concentrating on defending.

£14m on McCormack is a waste of money when you can't defend. Fulham were one of the leading scorers last year but struggled as they let in goals. Defending is what is important in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If Steve Clarke was brought in as defensive coach, well after tonight he might be looking for a new job. that was as bad as ive seen under previous managers

Clarke had good results as a defensive coach at other clubs. Easy to say Chelsea but West Ham were pretty solid for a spell when he was assistant to Zola.

We certainly need to cull most of this squad, if it means another year in the championship so be it as we aren't going up with this lot that's for sure.

I was all for givong him time to turn things aeound, but after tonight he's lost my support. He has had more than enough time to review the situation and study last year in depth. And yet *still* he plays Richards at CB and makes him Captain.

That cannot be the action of a man who put enough effort in to studying the squad and players, surely?

Not good enough. Not even close.

You are going to have to do a lot to regain my support now Roberto. A lot.

• Like 1

Just now, Pilchard said:

I just cannot believe, that given how we played last year, we haven't spent 24/7 concentrating on defending.

£14m on McCormack is a waste of money when you can't defend. Fulham were one of the leading scorers last year but struggled as they let in goals. Defending is what is important in the Championship.

Every time you put Richards in a defense all shape and form goes out the window, total maverick who thinks he is way better than he is.

Thing is, Di Matteo should know this.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to wonder if we actually needed a ruthless ****  like Pearson to rid ourselves of these pathetic human beings.

Its early days but I question whether RDM has the wrecking balls. Richards and Hutton should be nowhere near the team bus and spooning gabby and lescott

• Like 1

Substitutions ruined the match, they didn't need to be made. Gestede is useless, Hutton is terrible and moving Richards to CB was not a good idea, at least at RB theres less chance of him making an error that leads to a goal. Can't for the life of me figure out why he would make those changes.

Just now, Pilchard said:

It's a waste of money if no further players come in. I completely agree you need a defence without that it doesn't matter how many goals you score

Just now, sonic_bouma said:

I'm beginning to wonder if we actually needed a ruthless ****  like Pearson to rid ourselves of these pathetic human beings.

We absolutely did.

Â