Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 thing that stuck out for me about RDM, where were his connections in the game with regards to transfers?

Rumour after rumour about Chelsea players coming in on loan but not a single 1.

Now I know people will dismiss that but just think about it.....not a single player in on loan from any prem league club.

A New owner, with money to burn and RDM couldn't attract a single up and coming player form Chelsea or any club? Why wouldn't they want to play with the great RDM in a team look Villa side with a reported chance to go up and really make a name for themselves?

Problem we have if he does get sacked, who will want the job yet again?

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not......but I'm not into keeping incompetent ones either.

just remember, if it is so soon, he has made it SO SOON.

Exactly this.

I hate the idea of moving a manager on so quickly (even one I didn't want from the start as I thought he was a bad fit) but if it's glaringly obvious he isn't up to scratch then I see no reason at all to keep him in the forlorn hope that he turns things around.

RDM has indeed 'made it SO SOON' himself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Exactly this.

I hate the idea of moving a manager on so quickly (even one I didn't want from the start as I thought he was a bad fit) but if it's glaringly obvious he isn't up to scratch then I see no reason at all to keep him in the forlorn hope that he turns things around.

RDM has indeed 'made it SO SOON' himself.

D1 He was not my choice, but Hey who is right for us....I was prepared like any other candidate to give them a chance.

However, If there is a shout of a bomb in the building....you don't just stroll out.....you leg it.

for what I have seen with my own eyes from players on match day......"there is a bomb in the building"

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

D1 He was not my choice, but Hey who is right for us....I was prepared like any other candidate to give them a chance.

However, If there is a shout of a bomb in the building....you don't just stroll out.....you leg it.

for what I have seen with my own eyes from players on match day......"there is a bomb in the building"

And this bomb never went off with a bang, just caused destruction.

I was lukewarm about RDM from the start, but happy to give him a chance. I will be happy to see him go, he is not up to the job, but I am also worried about who will be appointed in his place. Hopefully Xia will be getting sound advice from the right people.

I was hoping it would work out but since the Forest game we have got worse. We look even more disjointed. The Brentford, Ipswich, Newcastle (aside from last 20 mins or so), Barnsley and Preston games are some of the worst performances we have dished up. Noting the calibre of the opposition I would have to say they are more spineless than anything Garde, Sherwood or even Lambert served up. Least then we were playing better teams. 

• Like 2

Tishbola is our best CM and he played about 90 min over 2 games so RDM drops him for the fresher legs of Westwood. Jedinak has played every minute and looked awful at. Times yet still gets picked? RDM is clueless get rid ASAP

18 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Tishbola is our best CM and he played about 90 min over 2 games so RDM drops him for the fresher legs of Westwood. Jedinak has played every minute and looked awful at. Times yet still gets picked? RDM is clueless get rid ASAP

In his defence, Tshibola had just returned from injury and so many games in such a short time may have been a bit too much, but you'd like to think he could have started and maybe played for 60 minutes at least.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bein sports seem to be the first out the blocks but have done it very cleverly, tweeted according to media reports he's been sacked

Rupert Bell (posh fella, does some golf & racing work for talksport but has villa ST and has connections in high places) seems to have said he's gone at around the same time.

8 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

This champions league winning manager bull is just that, bull. I mean, Avram Grant came within a penalty shoot-out of being that!!

I was more interested in the fact that he got MK Dons to the play offs and West Brom promoted at the first attempt.  The Champions League win just suggested that he was capable of adapting to the highest level too.  It's a mystery what's happened here, his selection yesterday and then the half time subs just screamed 'sack me'.  

I'm not sure how I feel about him now. I kept saying we need to stick with him and have some continuity but after yesterday's performance I'm not so sure. Clearly, individual errors are costing us, especially yesterday against Preston but, who picked those players? He could have gotten rid of Westwood in the summer but kept him. He also bought Jedinak. He put that team out yesterday too.

You can only defend so far and I am now not sure what the answer is. We certainly don't seem to be improving, which is a huge worry.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donniewyer said:

1 thing that stuck out for me about RDM, where were his connections in the game with regards to transfers?

Rumour after rumour about Chelsea players coming in on loan but not a single 1.

Now I know people will dismiss that but just think about it.....not a single player in on loan from any prem league club.

A New owner, with money to burn and RDM couldn't attract a single up and coming player form Chelsea or any club? Why wouldn't they want to play with the great RDM in a team look Villa side with a reported chance to go up and really make a name for themselves?

Interesting point.

All the money we've spunked on attacking players and the top scorer in the Championship is a loanee from Chelsea.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Â