Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

We do need someone who can show some passion but, more importantly, we need someone who can motivate because the players looked like they lacked motivation at Preston. There's no urgency at all about them and they looked totally clueless. 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Well, according to sky, he still has the backing of the board.

Well if true they appear to be backing him through the medium of silence despite widespread reporting of his imminent dismissal. 

I think Sky are wrong personally.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villarocker said:

We do need someone who can show some passion but, more importantly, we need someone who can motivate because the players looked like they lacked motivation at Preston. There's no urgency at all about them and they looked totally clueless. 

I didn't see the game but I think you're spot on and it was the main reason I wasn't in favour of appointing RDM. 

I posted this on July 31, a week before our first match:

RDM is not the right manager and neither is Pearson.

People directing their frustration at Bacuna, Hutton, Cissokho, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Clark, Sanchez are directing it in the wrong place.

The problems are still there because we still have a manager who isn't capable of getting the most out of the players. We are still relying on Gestede and Ayew as our main attacking threat. We still lack presence, leadership and drive from CM and a striker we can rely on for goals.

On top of this, we've lost our best CM and loaned out our best and most creative player. Elphick will more than likely be made captain and play most matches but he is a level below Okore and Clark.

If we can sign Pantilimon it would go a long way in restoring some optimism but we need more.

At this stage, I don't like the way this season is heading. My only hope is that our competition will be so poor that we might somehow be less poor than them. If we were in the premier league we would be staring at another relegation and a worse season than last if that is even possible

Reply by amole to the underlined sentence above:

and you can tell that from 0 competitive games managing Villa?

(6 likes)

I replied:

I can tell that from his personality which comes across in interviews and during matches. His face, his body language, his expressions and the language he uses.

4 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I posted this on July 31, a week before our first match:

Reply by amole to the underlined sentence above:

(6 likes)

I replied:

Pretty much bang on to be fair. Couldnt disagree with you back then or now. Problem is who is the right man now?

49 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The motivation thing is already covered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

Just imagine how different it would be if we didn't concede those late goals, we'd be saying RDM was the second coming :( our curse continues. 

True, but it's a bit straw man. He was the reason we conceded a few of them. 

Regardless, that's the business he's in and he has failed to arrest the slide. Bad luck or not, it has to happen or that slide will continue. 

Aston Villa > RDM

• Like 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/10/03/club-statement-roberto-di-matteo

Gone... 

Aston Villa Football Club has today parted company with manager Roberto Di Matteo.

The Club decided to act following a run of disappointing results which has the left the team occupying 19th position in the Championship.

The Club would like to place on record its appreciation to Roberto for all his efforts in helping rebuild the squad and wish him well for the future.

Steve Clarke will take over as caretaker manager during the search for a new manager.

There will be no further comment from the Club.

Edited by Barney_avfc
  • Like 1

Â