Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

What's this Vera stuff about? Read back a page or so and nothing?

Think it was a bad translation of Tony's Weibo tweet confirming he'd passed the test.

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Just seen this on facebook (Take like a pinch of salt)

13417462_10156935995750468_5019083368944

Hard to believe that's true just purely because of the awful English written by the original sender. Dreadful

Who on here has weibo'd Tony before? Can someone who has try this themselves for proof?

I messaged him before. The screenshot looks legit. I asked on Twitter who asked the question and some guy called Jordan says it was him who asked.

I also asked why he wrote his message in broken English (as it looked to me like he was trying to be funny, whilst taking the piss out of how Xia has written before), but I got no answer to that.

I think we'll see an announcement tomorrow!

• Like 2

It's so good to have an owner that actually communicates with the fans when they ask him questions. I am sure that will stop eventually but for now it is super refreshing. It almost feels like we have a direct line to the boss which is pretty cool lol. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's so good to have an owner that actually communicates with the fans when they ask him questions. I am sure that will stop eventually but for now it is super refreshing. It almost feels like we have a direct line to the boss which is pretty cool lol. 

Agreed. I think he simply realises that most chairmen never interact with fans, and this can sometimes strain relations a bit. Besides, being active on Weibo also proves he is modern and not Old Man Ellis...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

It's good. However there will be difficult times so he'll need to take a step back shortly.

If we're 12th at xmas I doubt they're all going to be cheerleading messages to him.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's good. However there will be difficult times so he'll need to take a step back shortly.

If we're 12th at xmas I doubt they're all going to be cheerleading messages to him.

Upon first reading of this i thought "12th?! That would be frickin' brilliant!"

Then i realised we'd been relegated and 12th in the Sky Bet Championship would be very much not "frickin' brilliant."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Upon first reading of this i thought "12th?! That would be frickin' brilliant!"

Then i realised we'd been relegated and 12th in the Sky Bet Championship would be very much not "frickin' brilliant."

12th highest scoring team in Europe?

We should all be looking for gradual progress.....If we "fast track" to the Prem , we will be extremely lucky.

Whilst we need to rid ourselves of this passive acceptability of failure, the guys who have the responsibility for improving us, must be given the time and space to make prudent decisions.

The passing of time will tell us a great deal, no peaks and troughs, gradual improvement on an incremental scale.

There will be setbacks its inevitable, but we all must keep our heads and our resolve.

as time goes on and the poison evaporates in theory we should be able to attract a better calibre of player and so the snowball gathers pace.

Togetherness is key.

I kind of get what you mean TRO, but frankly we don't have time.  It will be vastly better to get promoted this season and that means getting top 2 to be sure.  Which means we need to hit the ground running and start the season fast.  As we all know (and I hope RDM does), the squad needs an overhaul - at least half a dozen out and at least the same in. But this time, it needs to be a balanced squad, with a clear plan for how they're going to play and players recruited to fit that.  

The longer we stay down, notwithstanding the loss of parachute payments, the more we will become a 'championship club' with that level of player and we have to avoid that. So for me the absolute minimum expectation is to be top 6 all season.  Time for Dr X and RDM to deliver.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

12th at Christmas would be fine given the amount of work we need to do to overhaul this rotten squad. 

I'd be slightly disappointed with 12th at Christmas... but then i guess it depends how many points away from 6th (and 2nd) we are by that point.

Surely even this current team with no leavers/arrivals could manage 12th in the Championship?

7 hours ago, Daweii said:

We had that before, his name was General Charles Krulak, it did not end well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We had that before, his name was General Charles Krulak, it did not end well.

I wasn't really around for those days but his access to us was a bit different wasn't it? Our access with Xia is through his Weibo which I assume like Twitter he can block anyone that is a word removed. Xia through that format has complete control over who he responds to and who he doesn't. If he wants no contact he can likely make his account private.. I think the Xia situation is a tad different but I do get what you mean, sometimes contact with the fans especially when things aren't going well isn't always for the best.

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Did you see this team play last season?

We actually have a proper manager with proper coaches to support him. Different owner..  there was a lot going on behind the scenes with cost cutting etc. Hopefully it's a different atmosphere next season. Even players kept on with the new manager will hopefully show signs of improvement.

12th would be no where good enough - we are in the same division as Burton Albion !!!!. RDM knows the remit, he has the funds, a full pre season , there should be no excuses. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

12th would be no where good enough - we are in the same division as Burton Albion !!!!. RDM knows the remit, he has the funds, a full pre season , there should be no excuses. 

Wasn't the original point finishing 12th with the current squad?

Â