Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 minutes ago, Hev said:

How can Swansea be worth more than Villa ? 

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Because they're a premier league club I'd say

And also their finances, business and general running of the club is probably far superior to ours. The Chairman and board more or less seem to be staying which shows they are still working, it is just simply someone to fill the pockets more and try and push Swansea further. As this season has unfolded, it has been exceptionally clear that we have been horrifically mismanaged for years now and require a massive clearing top to bottom. Swansea just need to keep going doing what they are doing. They are, or would be, a much more promising investment with a quicker return more likely, hence worth more. 

57 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Because they're a premier league club I'd say

Exactly and because they make a profit - they don't need "turning round" and they're just about to get a massive boost to their income, compared to us about to get a big drop in income and an uncertain prospect of recovering.

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

And also their finances, business and general running of the club is probably far superior to ours. The Chairman and board more or less seem to be staying which shows they are still working, it is just simply someone to fill the pockets more and try and push Swansea further. As this season has unfolded, it has been exceptionally clear that we have been horrifically mismanaged for years now and require a massive clearing top to bottom. Swansea just need to keep going doing what they are doing. They are, or would be, a much more promising investment with a quicker return more likely, hence worth more. 

The potential at villa is enormous, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind......but time and events have shown us that in the wrong hands and with the wrong decisions being made on a consistent basis a catastrophe is fairly easy to achieve.....In the right hands with the right decisions being made the world is our oyster.

All the ducks must be in a row in order for us to get out of this division....time will tell if they are.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

In the right hands with the right decisions being made the world is our oyster.

No,  no, no. The world is our LOBSTER!! 

The name (of this thread) makes it hard for me to take him serious.

"Dr Tony Xia" sounds too much like a b-movie villain.

Really wish we could lose the "Dr" part of the name :)

Inter confirmed sold to new Chinese owners Suning Holdings Group.

Probably doesn't effect us directly other than that Inter will be competing for the same fan base as us in China 

Another 5 weeks for this test to be completed then I take it?! We are really paying for past mistakes aren't we with likes of Cellino and Venkys waved through overnight for their wrecking of clubs.

Just want to see some transfer activity in and out as soon as possible.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Probably doesn't effect us directly other than that Inter will be competing for the same fan base as us in China 

won't be an issue if we get back in the Prem

It could be a case that Xia and the takeover have been approved but now they are just checking out all the directors and making sure they are fit to run the club. Which is fine by me. Especially if it means things behind the scenes can start moving too (which seems likely considering we just appointed RDM and possibly Clarke today)

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

CkQy8keWsAA9jeG.jpg:large

Could this mean Wyness has been approved by the PL/FL?

Was just going to put this on here! 

None of them are Directors of AVFC so can't be sure whether they have been approved by PL/FL; however it does confirm his involvement with the takeover and the future. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

suning are proper big boys, own alibaba and a load of shopping centres in china

sure they already own a chinese prem team too

• Like 1

Â