Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, John said:

‘Roberto has already made a phone call to every single player,’ he says. ‘Every player that he wants to keep is happy to stay. The decisions on who goes are up to Roberto.’

That is very positive news. 

Just left a short voicemail for Gabby.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Just left a short voicemail for Gabby.

Gabby will have to ask Joleon how to use voicemail then. I wonder if they have had the same message? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He does but I think he's in for a shock when he finds out how difficult it's going to be to achieve his goals. To get out of the Championship and back as a midtable premier league team will need a lot of work. 

Think he is prepared to splash the cash to get there tho which is a massive bonus, I don't think he will stop until he gets his goal either.

i fully expect Villa to finish in the top 3 this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John said:

‘Roberto has already made a phone call to every single player,’ he says. ‘Every player that he wants to keep is happy to stay. The decisions on who goes are up to Roberto.’

That is very positive news. 

I hope so, although players tend to leave the dirty work to their agents so it doesn't surprise me that when they had a call from their new manager, they were all 'yes Boss'. It doesn't mean RDM won't have a call or three from those same players agents in the forthcoming weeks - 'he needs to further his career elsewhere'.

• Like 1

This talk of being Madrid or Barcelona is making a rod for his own back. 

There's ambition and there's lunacy.

We'll take being an established Premier League club again in 5 years Tone. 

• Like 1

‘Roberto has already made a phone call to every single player,’ he says. ‘Every player that he wants to keep is happy to stay.

I hope his ideas of who needs to stay are similar to ours!

3 minutes ago, piav_k4 said:

This talk of being Madrid or Barcelona is making a rod for his own back. 

There's ambition and there's lunacy.

We'll take being an established Premier League club again in 5 years Tone. 

Speak for yourself. I won't be happy until our name is uttered alongside those Clubs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

It was never £50 million.

Saw that figure thrown about a few times at the beginning...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dr-tony-xia-vows-transform-8006943

Xia is prepared to give Villa's new manager a transfer kitty of £50million to fire the club back into the top tier next term.

Just now, MrDuck said:

Saw that figure thrown about a few times at the beginning...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dr-tony-xia-vows-transform-8006943

I can't be bothered to find it but the first time he spoke he was essentially saying 30,40,50 million, if the manager says he needs it.

Whether its true or not he was saying that he'll back the manager.

• Like 3

He said anything from 20 to fifity million but he's going to speak with the manager first. Maybe Di Matteo has told him that he doesn't need fifty million to get the club promoted. Besides you could tell in the original interview with Xia that he was slightly caught on the hop when talking about transfer funds.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Speak for yourself. I won't be happy until our name is uttered alongside those Clubs.

I hear you, but my point was a general one about being realistic.

Chelsea aren't as big and those clubs, and look at how much Abramovic has thrown at it.

‘But actually I want more than than that. I want it to be the best known football club in the world. And I believe that the name “Villa” can become the best known, first because it can become a big club in China, but also my plan involves other clubs, and they will also have Villa’s name.

Weird, not sure I like that.

1 minute ago, piav_k4 said:

I hear you, but my point was a general one about being realistic.

Chelsea aren't as big and those clubs, and look at how much Abramovic has thrown at it.

I was being slightly facetious but I don't think he is making a rod for his own back. Any fan that turns around in 10 years or so and says "You lying **** Dr X, you said we'd be like Real Madrid" are just daft.

Thankfully I don't think anyone will hold him to those sorts of words.

9 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I hope you dont get the seat next to me!

Â