Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 hours ago, 007√ said:

Show some ambition Mr/Dr. Xia, sign Nicola Cortese as our CEO who runs everyday business/commercial revenue. Then go out and sign Sevilla's Sporting Director Monchi. We would be completely set for years to come! You said it yourself, you want to be in the pinnacle of European football again, well there's a start and your first steps! :D

The same Monchi that the whole of Europe seems to be after?

22 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The same Monchi that the whole of Europe seems to be after?

Yes, yes it is... He wants to be at the "pinnacle of European football", so there's a start :P

47 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Hi Cyrusr, find a slightly better translation here: :D and sorry to disappoint you - nothing related to summer transfer :)

Two moments when you can have insights into someone's nature (i.e. intrinsic quality): one is to see if someone can keep his dignity (of both doing things or being himself) during downs and frustrations in his life; and, if someone can restrain from getting delirious during ups and successes in his life.  --- Jiantong (Tony) Xia

AND, only the club who have experienced ups and downs can become great legend!  @ Aston Villa football club

Thanks Deisler, thought your translation would be a lot better! :D

Think it might be a "the fit and proper test is taking too long!" job. At least he is excited to get started!

Edited by cyrusr

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Suddenly got excited again this afternoon, Dr Tont wants to get us back to European football... That would be so amazing. One step at a time, but I'm starting to let myself get excited again!

But we have that next season already- Cardiff away.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

hes got to take over the club first...

these delays had to happen to us...

For a non-scientific comparison, the Swansea City takeover started 4th April and is now reportedly 'just days' from completion.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

And in two years time- Newport County.

Hey that's my home club. Lay off em they're lucky to exist

Edited by Tubby

17 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

For a non-scientific comparison, the Swansea City takeover started 4th April and is now reportedly 'just days' from completion.

To be fair the reports on that says now "agreed subject to Premier League Approval" BBC Article:

The American takeover of Swansea City worth around £100m has been completed, subject to Premier League approval.

Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan lead a consortium which has bought a controlling stake of 60% in the club.

They must now pass the Premier League's test for prospective owners for the takeover to be officially approved

So they are about 2/3 weeks behind if they get ratified before us, that'll be annoying!

Â