Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I didn't really get what you meant there ?

I was suggesting that it could get unpleasantly vocal at the ground if we are 12 th at Christmas, I think a lot of fans have pretty high expectations which whilst understandable in some ways, tend to ignore just how big a job is needed.

You said especially from those attending VP. I was pointing out that I'll be attending VP. 

I know what you mean. I hope you're wrong because I see it being a lot harder than most people seem to think. 

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

All this talk of his suit, just thought I'd mention that I like Tony's pocket square.

I like it. But I have concerns that it looks sewn in rather than being an individual piece? I hope you can aly my fears. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Would you like a fully commissioned enquiry of Tony's suit?

How about I produce my findings in a report...."The Tailor Report", maybe?

Assuming your report doesn't suggest the banning of suits, I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Assuming your report doesn't suggest the banning of suits, I'm all for it. 

The criteria for the banning of any suit would simply be determined by asking one question-

"Would Charles N'Zogbia wear it?" ;)

9 hours ago, rubberman said:

I kind of get what you mean TRO, but frankly we don't have time.  It will be vastly better to get promoted this season and that means getting top 2 to be sure.  Which means we need to hit the ground running and start the season fast.  As we all know (and I hope RDM does), the squad needs an overhaul - at least half a dozen out and at least the same in. But this time, it needs to be a balanced squad, with a clear plan for how they're going to play and players recruited to fit that.  

The longer we stay down, notwithstanding the loss of parachute payments, the more we will become a 'championship club' with that level of player and we have to avoid that. So for me the absolute minimum expectation is to be top 6 all season.  Time for Dr X and RDM to deliver.

My fear is the expectation will consume us all.

I agree with all of what you say, but equally and I know it sounds paradoxical...the pressure needs to be balanced on RDM .....too much will have an adverse effect.

11 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The criteria for the banning of any suit would simply be determined by asking one question-

"Would Charles N'Zogbia wear it?" ;)

I've no issue with the banning of N'zogbia. I need to be clear on that. 

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Today is the day Xia finally regales us with his masterplan.

ezgif-1588433022.gif

What I like about that GIF is the combo of forward thinking Chinese optimism and historic English football phraseology, its a good blend. UTV(era)!

Also it exemplifies why Tony is good at communication. I bet it was his idea.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What I like about that GIF is the combo of forward thinking Chinese optimism and historic English football phraseology, its a good blend. UTV(era)!

Also it exemplifies why Tony is good at communication. I bet it was his idea.

Some good lens flare too - proper professional camerawork.;)

Randy blessed us with about 4 statements in 10 years involving shumanites and romantic nourishment. If that was how he spoke to his underlings no wonder we bombed. I get the feeling Tony will be very clear in his instructions.

Was at Villa Park yesterday with Tony Xia as his takeover finally, formally completed at 3.25pm when Randy Lerner's bank received £52m. 1/2

Xia showed League he has £600m cash in the bank. League tell me: 'Our inquiries showed nothing to be concerned about.' Story later. 2/2

Â