Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

12th would be no where good enough - we are in the same division as Burton Albion !!!!. RDM knows the remit, he has the funds, a full pre season , there should be no excuses. 

Let me just add.. He also has one of the best assistant managers in the world as stated by Jose Mourinho himself during his time at Chelsea and two world elite coaches in Battara and Marchesi.. It couldn't be more perfect for RDM. His hardest job is clearing out the shit and signing less shit if not approaching good players to replace them. We don't have that many excuses if we don't at least finish Top 4 at least. 

• Like 1

With the largest budget in championship history the pressure to do well is quite huge. But Tony really comes accross as someone who knows people management, a good combo with the money I reckon.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

12th at Christmas would be fine given the amount of work we need to do to overhaul this rotten squad. 

I think you have a point, but I'm not sure many would agree, still less those attending VP, especially if we are 12th and off the pace, as opposed to 12th and challenging. I too have/am enjoying Tonys communications but agree with those who think it may be a good idea for him to become considerably more anonymous, quite soon.  These things don't work so well when the going gets tricky !

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

With the largest budget in championship history the pressure to do well is quite huge. But Tony really comes accross as someone who knows people management, a good combo with the money I reckon.

I really hope we don't come out talking exact budgets a manager will have, it's halfway suicide!

Congratz Tony!

You are now the proud owner of a historic but dilapidated football club.

Hope you have a good plan and surround yourself with competent people.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Still seems surreal. Randy Lerner has nothing to do with us. I'm still getting my head round it.  something I've wanted for years has finally happened. 

Tell me about it. 

It feels like the time for celebration has been and gone though and it was replaced by shock and confusion! Now I'm ready for business. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

Awwww I just want to go up and give his lovely little chops a squeeze, then pat him on the head before walking off pinching myself just in case I am dreaming :)

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

I think you have a point, but I'm not sure many would agree, still less those attending VP, especially if we are 12th and off the pace, as opposed to 12th and challenging. I too have/am enjoying Tonys communications but agree with those who think it may be a good idea for him to become considerably more anonymous, quite soon.  These things don't work so well when the going gets tricky !

I'll be attending VP. One of the advantages of having a season ticket. I don't mind if people disagree. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'll be attending VP. One of the advantages of having a season ticket. I don't mind if people disagree. 

I didn't really get what you meant there ?

I was suggesting that it could get unpleasantly vocal at the ground if we are 12 th at Christmas, I think a lot of fans have pretty high expectations which whilst understandable in some ways, tend to ignore just how big a job is needed.

Â