Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yup. Agreed. Really don't think Bruce will last long. Seem to remember Tony going very quiet at around the time RDM was sacked.

And he was never embarrassed to the extent Bruces team was against Cardiff.  Yes you can argue Luton but RDM hadnt the guts of a year with the team at that stage.

We are not making the right progress under him at all. His heart is in the right place, and he has put his money where his mouth is (for now at least), however he ultimately has to take responsibility for the hiring of RDM and Bruce. Both of these decisions have proven to be fatal. 

We had a golden opportunity to bounce back last season given our unprecedented spend for a Championship club and couldn't even finish in the top half. This season will slip away very quickly if we give Bruce 10 games. As we found out last season, being well behind the pack after almost a quarter of the season gives you massive mountain to climb, automatic promotion, which has to be the goal this season, is totally out of the question, and even playoffs requires an excellent run of form for the rest of the season. 

It's fair to say that Xia's knowledge of the game is far from extensive. As a result he has done the rational thing of trying to surround himself by 'football  people' who can make the right decisions on the pitch. The problem is that he has hired the wrong people to do this, and that ultimately is his fault.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Since Xia has bought the club, we have gone absolutely nowhere on the field. We may well be better behind the scenes, I have no idea and really couldn't give a rats arse to be fair.....on the field is where Aston Villa starts and ends, lives and dies!

If/when he sacks the latest turnip to manage our club, he really needs to look again at the people he has entrusted to bring success back on the field. The people in place that are responsible for recruitment (recruitment of managers/coaches and players) should all be cleared out in my view, they have failed twice in less than 12 months! 

I like Xia. I think he has the club at heart. He seems to be trusting, but I pray his loyalty is not misguided for too long. Great business leaders are quick to remove under performers. There won't be too many that achieve success by being loyal to failures.

We cannot let Steve Round or Keith Wyness anywhere near the next appointment in my opinion. Moyes is bound to be top of their list....dear god!

I was never his biggest fan at the time, but to me there is a manager that could give the whole club a massive lift if he came back....and that would be Martin O'Neill. We need a manager that is a big personality, can handle the expectations of the fans and likes to attack the opposition FFS.....I think MON could relight Villa Park.

I can never forgive MON for the way he left us on the eve of the season start. THAT is the day we began our downward spiral to the Championship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Silence speaks volumes if you ask me

Came in to post the exact same thing. The silence is deafening. Bruce is on his last legs, and it seems Xia has run out of patience. He wanted to see a team start the season with intent, and we have seen a season starting with discontent. 

He won't make the same mistake twice and leave Bruce lingering 10 games into the season if the results aren't good enough.  

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Since Xia has bought the club, we have gone absolutely nowhere on the field. We may well be better behind the scenes, I have no idea and really couldn't give a rats arse to be fair.....on the field is where Aston Villa starts and ends, lives and dies!

I was never his biggest fan at the time, but to me there is a manager that could give the whole club a massive lift if he came back....and that would be Martin O'Neill. We need a manager that is a big personality, can handle the expectations of the fans and likes to attack the opposition FFS.....I think MON could relight Villa Park.

OT, so I won't got too far, but the only way MON could relight VP, would involve the evil little fecker burning the place down. 

He was from from the same Jurassic age as Bruce, just with more charm and a load of dough to spend. Nowhere near the manger he was made out to be. 

Plus, it would blow his mind when he turned up for training and saw we had three actual right backs. 

It would be a disaster 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Completely agree

However I wouldnt expect Mon would leave his post to come back here

However much people dislike him here, you can't dispute the fact that he had us playing good football and put the club in it's best position it's been in for a number of years. He left the club because of Lerner who we now all know to be an absolute cockwomble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

OT, so I won't got too far, but the only way MON could relight VP, would involve the evil little fecker burning the place down. 

He was from from the same Jurassic age as Bruce, just with more charm and a load of dough to spend. Nowhere near the manger he was made out to be. 

Plus, it would blow his mind when he turned up for training and saw we had three actual right backs. 

It would be a disaster 

Well, I'd take 3 successive 6th place finishes and the biggest concern being whether or not we'd challenge for the the top four over our current predicament any day.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Well, I'd take 3 successive 6th place finishes and the biggest concern being whether or not we'd challenge for the the top four over our current predicament any day.

Not in this league you wouldn't! :D;)

• Like 1

You have to imagine yourself in Xia's position and ask what you would be thinking/doing about the current situation.

Fans think with their hearts but businessmen will think with their heads. Xia saw RDM have 11 games last season. Bruce got something like 34 and was unable to make the play-offs. Xia will be thinking that 11 games was too many and that Bruce has already had plenty of games in order to get these players playing good football. Xia will be more prepared to make the next replacement and probably has a list of candidates, if not one person (Moyes?) in mind. Xia also has comparisons to make now as we are playing teams that we played against last season and, on the face of results, can make judgements on whether he believes us to have improved or not. That's why I believe that Bruce has tomorrow and maybe Saturday at best to save his job. If we lose tomorrow, I would not be surprised at all to see a replacement, probably Moyes if it happened that quickly, in before Saturday.

I can't believe the silence isn't covering a lot of discussions between Round, Wyness and Xia.  A big win and performance might hold things off tomorrow, but otherwise Bruce'll be gone.  As mentioned above, there's too much evidence that delaying any longer will do for us this year as well.  

I truly don't believe Moyes will be on the list.  God knows who will though.

4 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I can't believe the silence isn't covering a lot of discussions between Round, Wyness and Xia.  A big win and performance might hold things off tomorrow, but otherwise Bruce'll be gone.  As mentioned above, there's too much evidence that delaying any longer will do for us this year as well.  

I truly don't believe Moyes will be on the list.  God knows who will though.

As i said on another thread i think Moyes will be top of the list, mainly because of working with Wyness and that is Free.  On top of that, if my Journalist mate is correct, Bruce has tomorrow night for a stay of execution.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

As i said on another thread i think Moyes will be top of the list, mainly because of working with Wyness and that is Free.  On top of that, if my Journalist mate is correct, Bruce has tomorrow night for a stay of execution.

Not just wyness - he worked in partnership  with Round  for years too .

A year ago I'd have said yes but now moyes is damaged goods .

34 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Agreed. If Xia thought this was just a blip, then he'd have tweeted his support. "It's just one game" "Long way to go", etc.

His Tweet after the Hull game was telling enough of where his thought process was going.

Â