Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

29 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

You might be right. There is a strong belief though that FFP doesn't have any hard and fast rules though, I can see it collapsing in the not too distant future. But if what you're saying is the hard fast rule, then there is no point a person buying a club that isn't successful anymore; basically you're suggesting FFP only allows you to take on someone else's debt and not improve or invest in their new purchase. Surely can't be right. Surely...

To answer that probably would stray into OT territory, but to link back to Xia, basically the issue he is facing is that the club has to adhere to a maximum loss over a 3 year period of assessment. 

For the FL that's a max of just £5m per year (extended to £13 IF the owner injects the other £8m directly into the club). So assuming Xia does put the money in, we can lose £39m max over three seasons. Now we are slightly better off than that, because we've only been down for one season, so our current assessment period would be 2 seasons in the prem and last year in the FL. In the Prem, it's the same principle, but the equity rule is given a steroid injection. You can lose £35m per season as long as the owner covers any loss over £5m. Lerner was covering our losses. 

So this year, we'd be assessed on a maximum permitted loss of £83m over the past 3 seasons, but next year that will drop dramatically to £61m, then £39m after that. 

The issue is, no matter how wealthy Xia is/isn't, he can only cover £8m worth of 'losses' for the purpose of FFP. We are off the PL gravy train, so income is way down, but I doubt costs, although much improved, have come down at the same rate. To spend more, we have to either earn more, cut costs or a mixture of both. Tough ask that. 

You could be right about it collapsing and personally I think it's a load of Betty Swallocks, but it's a massive gamble to just say 'f**k it', we'll do what we want. If they decided to make an example of us, it could be a nightmare, even if we fought it through the courts. 

Edited by wazzap24

if Tony tomorrow announced a record breaking sponsorship through one of his companies I’m not convinced the league will invest the time and resources to scrutinise it in my opinion. Doubt it will happen anyway as nothing coming from the Dr or Wyness suggests they would go down that path.

I think Xia's lack of spending this summer could well be down to having one eye on getting a new man in if Bruce gets us off to a slow start. With that in mind, it could well be that Bruce has the next two games to turn the start around or be sacked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Absolutely certain he sacks Bruce if we lose to Reading. Nothing on his Twitter is only positive news for me. I'll be going to Reading and supporting the team but f*ck me I'll be happy if Bruce gets sacked so...

Pretty much agree

If we hear nothing from him until the Reading game. This match will either keep or lose his job here.  Also I wouldn't be surprised if we do not sell any players before the Reading game in case he gets the sack.

4 hours ago, villarocker said:

I think Xia's lack of spending this summer could well be down to having one eye on getting a new man in if Bruce gets us off to a slow start. With that in mind, it could well be that Bruce has the next two games to turn the start around or be sacked. 

I thought we were hamstrung by FFP

I think the Doctor maybe loose total interest before long.

He doesn't attend many games, there are really no new initiatives under him, it seems we spent some of the parachute money last season - beyond that were are in tickover mode - many fans on here now accept that poaching Fulhams manager is beyond us 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think the Doctor maybe loose total interest before long.

He doesn't attend many games, there are really no new initiatives under him, it seems we spent some of the parachute money last season - beyond that were are in tickover mode - many fans on here now accept that poaching Fulhams manager is beyond us 

He attends more games than Randy did, which given his other commitments is quite impressive. He also regularly walks around training too.

30 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He attends more games than Randy did, which given his other commitments is quite impressive. He also regularly walks around training too.

so does gaby & Richards.

sorry, couldnt resist.

feel so sorry for DrT, let down by Wyness, Round, RDM and ultimately Bruce

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

so does gaby & Richards.

sorry, couldnt resist.

feel so sorry for DrT, let down by Wyness, Round, RDM and ultimately Bruce

Heard this a lot - I don't get it - he appointed Wyness - if Wyness has let Xia down then some of that is Xia's error.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Heard this a lot - I don't get it - he appointed Wyness - if Wyness has let Xia down then some of that is Xia's error.

Simple

You do the interviews

The applicant say "Yes I can do the job" (......3 bags full to get the job)

Doesnt do a good job

"Being let down by someone" definition - Someone agrees on taking on a task but is unable to do the task to a requested degree of success.

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

Simple

You do the interviews

The applicant say "Yes I can do the job" (......3 bags full to get the job)

Doesnt do a good job

"Being let down by someone" definition - Someone agrees on taking on a task but is unable to do the task to a requested degree of success.

As you said Xia did the interview. 

Since Xia has bought the club, we have gone absolutely nowhere on the field. We may well be better behind the scenes, I have no idea and really couldn't give a rats arse to be fair.....on the field is where Aston Villa starts and ends, lives and dies!

If/when he sacks the latest turnip to manage our club, he really needs to look again at the people he has entrusted to bring success back on the field. The people in place that are responsible for recruitment (recruitment of managers/coaches and players) should all be cleared out in my view, they have failed twice in less than 12 months! 

I like Xia. I think he has the club at heart. He seems to be trusting, but I pray his loyalty is not misguided for too long. Great business leaders are quick to remove under performers. There won't be too many that achieve success by being loyal to failures.

We cannot let Steve Round or Keith Wyness anywhere near the next appointment in my opinion. Moyes is bound to be top of their list....dear god!

I was never his biggest fan at the time, but to me there is a manager that could give the whole club a massive lift if he came back....and that would be Martin O'Neill. We need a manager that is a big personality, can handle the expectations of the fans and likes to attack the opposition FFS.....I think MON could relight Villa Park.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Â