Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Should not just sack Bruce but also the people behind the appointments of RDM and Bruce. That said, the buck stops with Xia and so far he has royally **** up in both managerial appointments. We've blown an absolutely golden opportunity to bounce back. 

This. Wyness is largely disliked around Goodison. There was/is a thread of Grand Old Team and there's not much love for him at all. In fact some of the posters called him a dinosaur, which is funny that considering his appointment of Bruce. I won't blame him for RDM, though. That was Xia's appointment; he seemed to have a peculiar obsession with the fact RDM has an MBA, despite this being **** all use for football management.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

I feel sorry for him. He's invested heavily, stayed involved with the day to day running of the club, engaged with fans etc (which is what we all wanted) but without interfering too far in football matters, and putting his trust in people experienced in English football (again what we wanted).

He's got a big decision to make regarding the future, because if he sacks Bruce, who do we get in?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

This. Wyness is largely disliked around Goodison. There was/is a thread of Grand Old Team and there's not much love for him at all. In fact some of the posters called him a dinosaur, which is funny that considering his appointment of Bruce. I won't blame him for RDM, though. That was Xia's appointment; he seemed to have a peculiar obsession with the fact RDM has an MBA, despite this being **** all use for football management.

MBA's are **** all use for anything TBH

• Like 2

I feel there is a lot of folk who have been close to the inner workings of this club and have chosen to remain silent.

It seems we can do little (despite efforts) to improve the playing of football.

Whilst it was widely documented hiring Bruce was a Wyness decision, the Dr could be going on to his 3rd manager in what is a short period of time of his tenure at the club. Badly advised? Bad decisions from him personally? Or clever and not leaving it fester longer than it should like Lerner has in the past? It’s evident something isn’t right so the next appointment is very much a big one. Biggest of them all.

• Like 1

Â