Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Lol I still think Sherwood would have us playing better and winning more. I sometimes really do not understand the hatred for Sherwood, he kept us up and got us to a cup final, plus had to deal with Tom Fox and Paddy O'rielly, controversial comment coming but I think he deserves some marginal credit. 

Yes its always the negatives that are focused on though. With Bruce theres nothing whatsoever to get exited about. 

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's the worst manager I've ever seen at the club.

One of the main reasons we are where we are.

A complete imposter in the world of football management.

He turned out to be a disaster and is clearly not a manager. 

But there's no way I can put him down as one of the main reasons. Lambert's 3 years did all the damage, Lerner is the main reason for the state of the club. Sherwood was just a shit manager that ended up just continuing the downfall from others. 

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's the worst manager I've ever seen at the club. He deserves credit for getting us to a cup final. But that was only two games, and he followed it up with the most embarrassing cup final performance in living memory, and then the following season ending our season after 10 games despite spending £60 million on the squad.

He is one of the main reasons we are where we are.

A complete imposter in the world of football management.

He gave us more joy than Mcleish, lambert, garde, RDM  put together. He got found out in the end but atleast we had a slight bounce with him. The semi final we were superb then the final we bottled it. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He gave us more joy than Mcleish, lambert, garde, RDM  put together. He got found out in the end but atleast we had a slight bounce with him. The semi final we were superb then the final we bottled it. 

The semi final was superb and then he sent us on a downward spiral that sent us into the depths of the Championship.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He turned out to be a disaster and is clearly not a manager. 

But there's no way I can put him down as one of the main reasons. Lambert's 3 years did all the damage, Lerner is the main reason for the state of the club. Sherwood was just a shit manager that ended up just continuing the downfall from others. 

A shit manager that oversaw the most disastrous transfer window we've ever had, followed by an unrecoverable start to the season due to a joke of a pre-season and failure to even try and integrate new players and the tactics of an arrogant 8 year old playing Fifa.

Lerner is the overriding reason we are where we are. But Sherwood is right up there. He hammered the final nails into the coffin.

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A shit manager that oversaw the most disastrous transfer window we've ever had, followed by an unrecoverable start to the season due to a joke of a pre-season and failure to even try and integrate new players and the tactics of an arrogant 8 year old playing Fifa.

Lerner is the overriding reason we are where we are. But Sherwood is right up there. He hammered the final nails into the coffin.

He put the final nail in but that transfer window was a team effort and that team was assembled by Lerner. 

The team was already on the way down thanks to Lambert. Take out Benteke and Delph and Sherwood just continued it. 

I'm not excusing him, he's part of our downfall but for me he doesn't come close to the Lerner/Lambert level of damage caused. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The semi final was superb and then he sent us on a downward spiral that sent us into the depths of the Championship.

It wasn't solely sherwood though. In the end he never helped, but either way we were going down regardless. The number of terrible decisions this club has made has resulted in where we are now. It stems back to the MON years.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It wasn't solely sherwood though. In the end he never helped, but either way we were going down regardless. The number of terrible decisions this club has made has resulted in where we are now. It stems back to the MON years.

I didn't say it was solely Sherwood. Just that he was one of the main contributors. 

I don't really see how that can be argued. He was the manager for the transfer window before we got relegated so had a large input into the players we recruited. He failed to integrate his new players. He, by all accounts, ran an utter joke of a pre-season. And he started our season with 1 win in 10, from which we never got close to recovering from.

Just because he admirably beat Liverpool in a semi final doesn't excuse him from the incompetence that followed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He put the final nail in but that transfer window was a team effort and that team was assembled by Lerner. 

The team was already on the way down thanks to Lambert. Take out Benteke and Delph and Sherwood just continued it. 

I'm not excusing him, he's part of our downfall but for me he doesn't come close to the Lerner/Lambert level of damage caused. 

A team effort, from a team where he was a major player, and supposedly the transfers he had the most input on were the worst of the bunch. 

He then failed to even try to integrate some of the players we recruited.

It infuriates me that Sherwood escapes so much blame for that transfer window.

Transfers are always team efforts these days. That's how the majority of clubs work. Yet you never see other managers excused as much as Sherwood is excused for that window.

He brought it up in an interview and some villa fans seem to just run with it. It's complete blame deflection. he's as responsible for those transfers as any other manager is for theirs.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't say it was solely Sherwood. Just that he was one of the main contributors. 

I don't really see how that can be argued. He was the manager for the transfer window before we got relegated so had a large input into the players we recruited. He failed to integrate his new players. He, by all accounts, ran an utter joke of a pre-season. And he started our season with 1 win in 10, from which we never got close to recovering from.

Just because he admirably beat Liverpool in a semi final doesn't excuse him from the incompetence that followed.

I honestly think very few could of saved us. The club and the players were at rock bottom and a few of us thought it might of been the best thing to go down and rebuild. That's looking like a mistake too as we still have not really moved on much. I think Bruce has two games to save his self before tony decides to get rid of him.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I honestly think very few could of saved us. The club and the players were at rock bottom and a few of us thought he might of been the best thing to go down and rebuild. That's looking like a mistake too as we still have not really moved on much. I think Bruce has two games to save his self before tony decides to get rid of him.

I think there are a hell of a lot of managers who, had they been in charge for that pre-season, could have kept us in the league that season.

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think there are a hell of a lot of managers who, had they been in charge for that pre-season, could have kept us in the league that season.

I'm not so sure. We would of had a right job getting them to come here anyway.

Â