Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

With what we have now I'd have to change my original prediction and say we now have a top 6 side. But, with another top striker and, if possible, another attacking midfielder, we could seriously challenge for automatic promotion. 

With the current squad, i'd expect us to be challenging top 2 and finishing 5th worst case.

With an additional 'top class' striker and a creative midfielder, i would expect us to be challenging first and finishing 4th worst case. 

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'm sticking a 10er on us to win the league :thumb:

The odds are pretty good so worth a punt.   I went for top two - just need that new striker and attacking mid and we're in with a shout!  

Edited by Gary Thomas

Ive got £25 on Villa to win the league at 14/1.     Worth a punt.

I might lay off £10 of it once (if) the odds falls after we get a striker and win at the weekend :-)

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ive got £25 on Villa to win the league at 14/1.     Worth a punt.

I might lay off £10 of it once (if) the odds falls after we get a striker and win at the weekend :-)

I am actually shocked we are 14/1 considering, we are really not that fancied which might benefit us. i think the amount of derbies this season will probably mean we wont finish top as i am sure we will drop points in those games. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Still early days though mate? we have done better than I expected thus far 

maybe true if still had last seasons squad but we have spent about 40 million so wouldnt say its an impressive start. Its OK at most

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Still early days though mate? we have done better than I expected thus far 

We're doing slightly worse than i expected so far (with the new players who have played).

Thats why i think the odds are good value. They are basing it on previous form, but i would expect our level to improve drastically once our new players settle.

The odds will drop then, and possibly worth cashing out for a profit if you don't think they will actually win the league. 

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We're doing slightly worse than i expected so far (with the new players who have played).

Thats why i think the odds are good value. They are basing it on previous form, but i would expect our level to improve drastically once our new players settle.

The odds will drop then, and possibly worth cashing out for a profit if you don't think they will actually win the league. 

Hmm not so sure about that mate Golllini, excluded the likes of McCormack, elphick etc have hardly put a foot wrong. All have done well. Huddlesfield had a 100% record only dropped points against us, Wednesday keeper error (otherwise did well) Rotherham fantastic performance, and I expected a point and they delivered.

maybe we could have been better off 2 points with back to back wins againsthuddesfield but didn't see us winning at Wednesday or derby

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

1 victory in 6 months ;)

we are doing OK but think people going a bit overboard on our current form

Have you watched us this season? We're mullering teams and not yet getting the results we deserve. The performances are there. We won't be 14/1 for long. 

• Like 1

I would also like to point out that actual PREMIER LEAGUE teams have been knocked out of the EFL cup by Leage 1/2 teams in the past few days, and it is not the end of the world. The second string of our CHAMPIONSHIP team got knocked out and some people were ready to commit suicide and/or burn badges. lol

• Like 1

Â