Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I dont think RDM would be a good signing at all.  Most use the line that he won the CL with Chelsea.  If a lot of reports and Chelsea fans are to be believed he was just there as a gesture.  The night they won the CL the senior Chelsea players picked the team.  We need someone to be able to regain control from our senior players not make it worse

Again, more rumour than fact.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

The more that I think about RDM, the less inspired I am by the thought.

RDM is a very good manager with experience at many levels. In normal circumstances, I wouldn't have been so concerned (especially after the last few appointments)

My feeling is, this is not under normal circumstances. They are very unique circumstances and it is so important to clamber back into the prem at the first attempt. The new ownership will give the place an impact and hopefully a more positive feeling, right across the spectrum. The managerial appointment needs to be of equal impact and we need someone who is going to hit the ground running. My own (completely) unqualified feeling is that there is far more chance of Pearson doing this than there is RDM.

I envisage a team assembled by Pearson to be hungry and full of desire-I think that is one of Pearsons assets. I think these qualities will ensure that we hit the ground running in August.

The negative for me, would how would Pearson fare without his backroom staff? This has been a problem for us since the Lambert era and I personally am sick of it.

RDM has numerous qualities of his own. If we were to appoint him, I'd be 100% behind him and the choice.I urge others to be the same. There is a great divide amongst us fans-Whoever is appointed is going to create disappointment amongst a large section. There is no right or wrong appointment and each manager has individual merits-I hope everyone gets behind whoever comes in. The time to worry is when John Carver arrives at BMH, Not RDM or Pearson.

• Like 4

Just hope we can have someone in within the next ten days now, because the Euro's are a distraction to managers, players and agents.  We need someone to assess our current squad quickly and to have an idea of who they want to bring in.  Helluva a lot to do to get us competitive again.  Dyche was my personal preference but not realistic, so RDM will do for me.  Just get it done!

If what is being said by Xia is true, and we get RDM and he has up to 50 million to spend on players to get us out of the championship, imo you can buy a hell of a lot of top quality championship players with that, we will definitely be up near the top end of the table, and if we aren't, then I can't imagine Xia not taking some sort of action, unlike Lerner. 

All in all, next seasons going to be pretty damn enjoyable for the most part. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I dont think RDM would be a good signing at all.  Most use the line that he won the CL with Chelsea.  If a lot of reports and Chelsea fans are to be believed he was just there as a gesture.  The night they won the CL the senior Chelsea players picked the team.  We need someone to be able to regain control from our senior players not make it worse

Not a solitary fact in that post at all yet damning in the extreme.

You're isolating his entire managerial career (which has been largely successful) into one night and the take away point is purely conjecture. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Again, more rumour than fact.:rolleyes:

Well believe what you want, that was the rumours.  What is a fact is that he was sacked 3 months into the next season.  Strange for a manager who won them the CL!

6 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

The more that I think about RDM, the less inspired I am by the thought.

RDM is a very good manager with experience at many levels. In normal circumstances, I wouldn't have been so concerned (especially after the last few appointments)

My feeling is, this is not under normal circumstances. They are very unique circumstances and it is so important to clamber back into the prem at the first attempt. The new ownership will give the place an impact and hopefully a more positive feeling, right across the spectrum. The managerial appointment needs to be of equal impact and we need someone who is going to hit the ground running. My own (completely) unqualified feeling is that there is far more chance of Pearson doing this than there is RDM.

I envisage a team assembled by Pearson to be hungry and full of desire-I think that is one of Pearsons assets. I think these qualities will ensure that we hit the ground running in August.

The negative for me, would how would Pearson fare without his backroom staff? This has been a problem for us since the Lambert era and I personally am sick of it.

RDM has numerous qualities of his own. If we were to appoint him, I'd be 100% behind him and the choice.I urge others to be the same. There is a great divide amongst us fans-Whoever is appointed is going to create disappointment amongst a large section. There is no right or wrong appointment and each manager has individual merits-I hope everyone gets behind whoever comes in. The time to worry is when John Carver arrives at BMH, Not RDM or Pearson.

Very good post.  As you say, there is going to be divided opinion but we need to back whoever it is.  

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Well believe what you want, that was the rumours.  What is a fact is that he was sacked 3 months into the next season.  Strange for a manager who won them the CL!

Not so strange when you consider who Chelsea's owner is.

Well all signs from Tony are that if RDM comes in, identifies lazy players (Gabby) - ol Uncle Tony will pay them up and ship them out - nice and clean. RDM will get to construct a team just how he wants - exciting times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Jose Mourinho also got sacked. Won them titles. Chelsea is a much different level to us. Have you seen the calibre of manager Real Madrid have sacked?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

With our current crop of f***wits, RDM is exactly the type of manager we don't need.

I'll get behind him but I'm far from inspired. 

Because...?

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Chelsea managerial changes are hardly a rarity. Their owner is well known for his volatility. He's rashly sacked managers who have won much more than that.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

With our current crop of f***wits, RDM is exactly the type of manager we don't need.

I'll get behind him but I'm far from inspired. 

In fairness, hardly any of them will be starting for us next season. I'd wager a minimum of 6 new signings starting the first game for us in August, if not 7.

The f***wits will either be shipped out or sitting on the bench (if they're lucky).

Keeping any of Grealish, Amavi, Aywe or Adama will be a bonus and would mean one less signing/position to worry about. I'd also be interested to see if Gil would shine in this league, although not concerned at all if he leaves us.

We may have one, possibly 2 of our less inspiring players in there, a Westwood, Clark, Hutton or Baker type but I can't see the Lescots, the Richards, the Bacunas or the Guzans of this world being in the frame.