Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, Holtern8 said:

He was never mentioned before that either tbf.

I suggest you read back through this thread instead of talking twaddle. His name has been mentioned many times. 

1 minute ago, Holtern8 said:

He was. Many have been. All speculation until photographed on the pitch having signed 

This thread is nonsense till then really, no one knows anything

Slight rant, my apologies. Not aimed at anyone

34 minutes ago, Mantis said:

From my point of view, it's fantastic because I don't think he'd be a good manager for us. Naturally I was very disappointed when Moyes turned us down.

No. I really don't want Pearson to manage us.

I hold the exact opposite view- I'm delighted that Moyes has chosen not to join us. I am struggling to see what he offers over and above Nigel Pearson. For me and many Evertonians I see a very dour manager whose teams tend to replicate him as a person. At least Pearson's teams by and large have a right good go at winning football matches- sorry for repeating myself but even when losing games last season they were in there fighting and playing some pretty decent stuff. Let's just get it done please'

• Like 2

Why isn't Chris Houghton ever mentioned? He got Newcastle Promoted, he got Brighton to third which is way better than expected. I just don't understand? Give black mangers a chance, and we are club with a proud history of brining through black players in the early ages. 

I can't help thinking if he was white he'd be getting mentions all the time....subconscious racism like Chris Rock said at the Oscars.  

He seems a very obvious candidate starring us in the face.  

Before we pull the racist card out, remember there are only something like 6 black managers in the football league. This isn't a Villa problem, it's a sport-wide problem.

That being said, Chris Houghton has been mentioned several times, particularly how unlikely it is because of his current position and not for any other reason.

Dwight Yorke also got a mention a few pages back. Probably relating to how much of a car crash it would probably be.

14 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Why isn't Chris Houghton ever mentioned? He got Newcastle Promoted, he got Brighton to third which is way better than expected. I just don't understand? Give black mangers a chance, and we are club with a proud history of brining through black players in the early ages. 

I can't help thinking if he was white he'd be getting mentions all the time....subconscious racism like Chris Rock said at the Oscars.  

What  has his colour got to do with anything?? Hughton has signed a new contract shall we go and try for Paul Ince or John Barnes? The only factor that should be considered is are they good enough for us and if you'd have read these boards Hughton has been mentioned loads and I'd say the press don't tout his name as he's signed a new contract apparently!! I don't want him because I think he's too nice and we have to many snakes at our club who need clearing out. 

18 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

er hello....wtf is this nonsense.... what the hell has skin colour got to do with it all?

He has just signed a lengthy new contract with Brighton. All the managers we are being linked with are currently out of work. 

12 mentions from for Houghton in the thread including the responses to my post.....so about 5 if that. Would have expected more. Disappointing, he'd have fit the job like a glove on a hand. 

Edited by Holtern8

29 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

First page of this thread

On 12 March 2016 at 23:24, OneNightInRotterdam said:

Dyche wouldn't touch us with a bargepole. His got a good thing going on a Burnley for now. Chris Hughton I can get behind. 

BS.jpg

Edited by Ryan.
  • Like 1

"Despite his apparent unease with the media, the 41-year-old said he agreed to speak to the press in ­recent days as he understands Villa fans and the football world want to know about his plans, which ­include wanting to replicate Villa’s 1982 European Cup success."

Wasn't he 39 the other day?

Bloody hell, being involved with Villa really does age you quickly....

40 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Well at least the opposition players can breathe a sigh of relief

zbuhtqC.gif

qyIFzP9.gif

40 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Well at least the opposition players can breathe a sigh of relief

zbuhtqC.gif

qyIFzP9.gif

Play acting at its best....pardew looks really concerned for a fiesty manager himself...probably more concerned with Nigel trying to tap him up.lol

My choices of the three would be:

1. Moyes (unlikely now)

2. DiMatteo (more likely now)

3. Inanimate Carbon Rod

4. Pearson.

So I'd be fairly happy with RDM, he should be fine for a couple of seasons you would think, for promotion and to stabilise in the PL, until we want to push to the next level. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bose said:

It's definitely going to be Di Matteo according to the Doctor

Also going to sack the scouting department and bring in a new team there.

From this interview, Xia clearly expressed that he is not happy with the current scouting team at Villa.

I am curious to know, if this is his personal observation (which requires him following the club for quite a long time to know this), or him knowing this from somewhere else (his team, or even from current owners?)

I do worry that RDM will do a Sherwood. We'll spend shitloads of Dr x's cash but will end up with lots of players but no team. We really have to get the underlying structure right this time and build from a solid spine with players to fit a system.  he's not done that before. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

So if the telegraph is right it's  RDM.  Personally I think it's a big risk as he has no experience building a team and we need a compete overhaul.  Would feel a lot happier with Pearson.   

This is how I feel.