Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

based on what exactly?

Like I said IMO.

It will be like Remi all over again - how he walked into a mess, how the dressing room is toxic, how the players aren't professional.......how he needs more time, how weve been in decline for years, -- What was that ....Oh that was Aston Villa 2016/7 season - we finished 12th !  

Alison Brie, star from Community. She is God's gif to us all, and the gif that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Like I said IMO.

It will be like Remi all over again - how he walked into a mess, how the dressing room is toxic, how the players aren't professional.......how he needs more time, how weve been in decline for years, -- What was that ....Oh that was Aston Villa 2016/7 season - we finished 12th !  

The difference with Remi garde is he came mid season and wasn't given time to change things. RDM has the time to do this. i am sure he would have been made aware f the goings on at Villa. This is a guy who has managed a couple of top european clubs. Imagine trying to manage the egos of Terry, Drogba and lampard? gabby will be small fry compared to thsoe

Just checking out RDM's signings at Schalke. God they had him on a tighter budget than Randy Lerner. Only spent about £3m. (NB: My info is only from the internet, and may be wrong)

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The difference with Remi garde is he came mid season and wasn't given time to change things. RDM has the time to do this. i am sure he would have been made aware f the goings on at Villa. This is a guy who has managed a couple of top european clubs. Imagine trying to manage the egos of Terry, Drogba and lampard? gabby will be small fry compared to thsoe

I just don't see him cutting mustard here - thats my gut feeling.

I feel like I did when Sunderland appointed Allardyce  and we appointed Garde. At that moment I knew we were relegated. 

My hunch now is that next season is already a write off - save me a few £ on season tickets I suppose. If I m wrong and we trail blazing in the championship come Christmas fine I got it wrong.

ALL IMO OF COURSE ! 

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but this not true at all Di Matteo signed Hazard, and Oscar at Chelsea. Where has Sherwood signed those calibre type players? 

Also can I point out those talking about RDMs record at Schalke you are aware they beat Real Madrird 4-3 in champions league at the Bearnabu? Thats impressive. Schalke also finished 6th which is not a disgrace. I think people just liek to moan for sake of it.

Either RDM or Pearson would be good appointments in my eyes, far better than fistface or mccarthy

When was Sherwood given the opportunity to sign that calibre of player?

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

He is still relatively young and inexperienced, but his record is nowhere near as bad as some on here are suggesting. 

- MK Dons

.  First season, finished 3rd in League One behind Leicester and Peterborough

- West Brom

. First season, finished 2nd in the Championship behind Newcastle

- Chelsea

. Won FA Cup and

UEFA Champions League

- FC Schalke

. Advanced from their Champions League group, beat Real Madrid in Madrid

, finished sixth

He may not have built a team from scratch but he made some decent signings at

West Brom and Chelsea. 

With the backing of Xia and an improved scouting structure he could do OK.  Certainly too early to write him off.  Wonder who his team would be? 

Think he likes working with Eddie Newton, but not sure what he's up to or if he'd come.

He 'Could' do OK -is what I take from that.

28 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

When was Sherwood given the opportunity to sign that calibre of player?

Exactly you have just proven the point that the are not alike!

Edited by Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

I just don't see him cutting mustard here - thats my gut feeling.

I feel like I did when Sunderland appointed Allardyce  and we appointed Garde. At that moment I knew we were relegated. 

My hunch now is that next season is already a write off - save me a few £ on season tickets I suppose. If I m wrong and we trail blazing in the championship come Christmas fine I got it wrong.

ALL IMO OF COURSE ! 

I can understand the reservations. I think the time lines are different though we were in a  complete mess. i would like to think we will be in a lot more better shape than when Garde came. At least RDm will be provided a pre season to assess the squad etc. Hopefully he will prove to be a good appointment. Lets face it, internationally RDM is a bigger name than Pearson

Edited by Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly you have just proven the point that the are not alike!

One was given the opportunity to sign that calibre of player when taking over a team that was in the top 4, the other took over a team that was battling relegation and was given £50 million to rebuild a team. So in terms of CVs they are not alike but have either of them successfully rebuilt a team which quite frankly is the only criteria that matters at this point because RDM will have to do just that. 

It has the potential to go sour very quickly next season.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I can understand the reservations. I think the time lines are different though we were in a  complete mess. i would like to think we will be in a lot more better shape than when Garde came. At least RDm will be provided a pre season to assess the squad etc. Hopefully he will prove to be a good appointment. Lets face it, internationally RDM is a bigger name than Pearson

I actually think we are in more of a mess now then when Garde arrived. Many of the players want to leave - Many more are just on a meal ticket - The owners and directors will be new, and there will be jostling for power and control.

Yes he is a well decorated manager - but has he ever entered a hornets nest like the described above ? 

I fear the players and directors will 'have him for breakfast' - and he will quickly become that lonely forlorn manager standing on the touchline wondering what to do 

I dont think RDM would be a good signing at all.  Most use the line that he won the CL with Chelsea.  If a lot of reports and Chelsea fans are to be believed he was just there as a gesture.  The night they won the CL the senior Chelsea players picked the team.  We need someone to be able to regain control from our senior players not make it worse

To be fair to RDM in his management career so far - playoffs with MK Dons, promotion with West Brom, Champions League win with Chelsea - in those three cases in England, aside from losing a playoff with MK Dons, he has achieved everything that was asked of him as manager. I think he's a good a prospect for getting promotion as anyone.

• Like 1