Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Who did RDM work with at his other clubs? I can remember Eddie Newton at Chelsea, but not sure at his other clubs. 

Is he a lone wolf? We need a good strong coaching team to come in IMO. 

Edit - 

he had Lombardo and Battara with him at Schalke who both worked with Mancini at City. Lombardo is quoted recently saying he will be working with Mihaljovic next season, so no RDM reunion it seems. 

Edited by villan-scott
Research

I fail miserably to understand how anyone can say that Nigel Pearson rejecting our advances for manager(if thats true) is good for Aston Villa Football Club.

It is a major set back IMO

I have to say I cannot blame him for the amateurish way we have dealt with him.

Steve Hollis has reportedly chosen him for the job.....in much the same way that HDE chose Martin O'Neill......The deal should have been done and finalised.

If there is someone better equipped to sort us out I Would like to know who it is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

From my point of view, it's fantastic because I don't think he'd be a good manager for us. Naturally I was very disappointed when Moyes turned us down.

No. I really don't want Pearson to manage us.

I do

Does anyone know if we are legally allowed to appoint a manager at the minute or do we have to wait until the FA approve the takeover? or equivalently wouldn't a prudent/intelligent manager require this before signing on. Hence the delay and media filled vacuum. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I fail miserably to understand how anyone can say that Nigel Pearson rejecting our advances for manager(if thats true) is good for Aston Villa Football Club.

It is a major set back IMO

I have to say I cannot blame him for the amateurish way we have dealt with him.

Steve Hollis has reportedly chosen him for the job.....in much the same way that HDE chose Martin O'Neill......The deal should have been done and finalised.

If there is someone better equipped to sort us out I Would like to know who it is.

Err, because not everyone thinks he'd be good for the club? It's hardly rocket science.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Err, because not everyone thinks he'd be good for the club? It's hardly rocket science.

I think you would be quite surprised away from this site how many fans do favour him?

so its fitting that I wrote what I did.

Ps I know....you be the North pole and I'll be the South Pole.

Edited by TRO

Why isn't Chris Houghton ever mentioned? He got Newcastle Promoted, he got Brighton to third which is way better than expected. I just don't understand? Give black mangers a chance, and we are club with a proud history of brining through black players in the early ages. 

I can't help thinking if he was white he'd be getting mentions all the time....subconscious racism like Chris Rock said at the Oscars.  

He seems a very obvious candidate starring us in the face.  

Edited by Holtern8

23 minutes ago, settle villa said:

What about Stuart Pearce being given a chance. I know he worked for that clown at forest but no one ccould succeed there at the minute. I would have him over RDM any Day. 

No no no. I don't rate RDM but he is miles better than pearce.... We would play Gestede on the 

3 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Why isn't Chris Houghton ever mentioned? He got Newcastle Promoted, he got Brighton to third which is way better than expected. I just don't understand? Give black mangers a chance, and we are club with a proud history of brining through black players in the early ages. 

I can't help thinking if he was white he'd be getting mentions all the time....subconscious racism like Chris Rock said at the Oscars.  

Just signed a new contract I believe.

Edit - he was also mentioned a few times in this thread, he would have been one of my picks. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

3 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

The small matter of him signing a 4 year deal at Brighton might be a factor wouldn't you think?

6 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

He's been suggested by loads of our fans. 

• Like 1