Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Maybe Pearson could be brought back into contention through some encouraging words from his son? " Aww, come on, Dad. Chinese girls are hot!"

Just saw the CNN interview. He doesn't sound too sure. From what I hear it went from "we will have the right coach in the next few days" to "I can't tell you who the coach is for some reason" because he's "agreed not to say yet".

Exciting times. Still expecting RDM.

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No they don't. Even Boro went up with a mixture of youth products, a few seasoned performers like Leadbitter and Adam Clayton who didn't cost all that much. Just because Rhodes cost 12m dosen't mean we have to sign every player for that amount. 

Downing was hardly cheap either

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

no he didnt, he was manager when they signed but he had no control over transfers. e.g. Hazard joined 10 days before Di Matteo was even kept on full-time

So we might as well say that about 99% of managers. First RDM didnt win the Cl according to some, now he didn't have  a say about hazard and Oscar. Jesus the guy has no chance here at Villa with some of our fan base

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Blimey you have high standards. Did you know we were one of the worst performing top flight teams for decades last season?

We couldn't appoint a decent manager when we were regularly finishing top 6 so not sure what people are expecting a major manager now.

I dont really.  If you said right who you want now, id go for Neil Warnock.  Might sound crazy but there you go. 

I dont trust the likes of Flores/RDM to get us promoted.  They may be better tatically etc etc but you have to manage in a special way in the championship.  It takes more than fancy managers and players to get promoted.  Warnock/Pearson/McCarthy wouldn't go for the big names that our team is built with but more who is going to give 100% and run through brick walls.  If you dont put in the work you dont play.  RDM and Flores i wouldnt trust to stand up to our players who think they are something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So we might as well say that about 99% of managers. First RDM didnt win the Cl according to some, now he didn't have  a say about hazard and Oscar. Jesus the guy has no chance here at Villa with some of our fan base

MIchael Emanalo has signed majority of players at Chelsea(the younger players) since 2011 including Courtois, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard

I don't understand why people think Pearson will be any good - he wouldn't have his team with him. Makes you wonder why Leicester were keen/happy/willing to get rid of him and keep his backdown staff on board? Something isn't quite right there. 

Edited by Tayls

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I don't understand why people think Pearson will be any good - he wouldn't have his team with him. Makes you wonder why Leicester were keen/happy/willing to get rid of him and keep his backdown staff on board? Something isn't quite right there. 

Thats a perfectly valid point - and I will admit one of my reservations about NP.

But I read somewhere recently that RDM'S assistant (i think from schalke) said that he wouldn't be following RDM into his next job. - So RDM won't be bringing his team with him either.

(Or perhaps RDM \ Pearson will come as a team!!!!!) 

39 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Lol @ wanting Neil Warnock

Yes very informative post.  Please keep you snide, personal comments to yourself

Edited by HeyAnty

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats a perfectly valid point - and I will admit one of my reservations about NP.

But I read somewhere recently that RDM'S assistant (i think from schalke) said that he wouldn't be following RDM into his next job. - So RDM won't be bringing his team with him either.

(Or perhaps RDM \ Pearson will come as a team!!!!!) 

It's okay, we can always keep Black and Duverne on :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If RDM comes in there will be 2 bosses in the championship who have won the champions league. Every other chairman must be well fed up.

Why?

We could be a complete disaster under RDM. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If RDM comes in there will be 2 bosses in the championship who have won the champions league. Every other chairman must be well fed up.

Yeah, I bet there quaking in there boots !

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

True, they should have just hired his backroom team in the first place. sod the manager! Even if they put the team together in the first place!:ph34r:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Choosing between Pearson and RDM is like choosing a kick in the balls from the left foot or the right foot!

Interesting analogy. I guess by the same token, having Neil Warnock as manager would be like having a kick in the knackers from Stuart Pearce's left foot.

I can't help but feel that RDM is the wrong choice. I'd take Pearson all day long. Will be a bit disappointed if we hire RDM instead. I know Pearson is a tool, but I think he's better suited to the position we are in. 

• Like 2