Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

You think he could be converted into a Midfielder? Probably been asked before 

Well it worked for Joelinthon who was getting similar stick to Davis but been outstanding since xmas.

I still think we'll sell him for 8-10m end of the season but pleased he's proved himself at a good level last few months and can have a solid career elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2022 at 11:35, Steero113 said:

Every time I see him play I think he'd be fantastic if converted into a box to box mid like Joelinton who has gone from a laughing stock to Newcastle's best player. 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well it worked for Joelinthon who was getting similar stick to Davis but been outstanding since xmas.

I still think we'll sell him for 8-10m end of the season but pleased he's proved himself at a good level last few months and can have a solid career elsewhere.

Already said this 3 months ago. People laugh but he’s an f’in monster. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes I think I was the very first to suggest he could possibly play in midfield because I recognized that whilst he might not be a great goal scorer he's a very good footballer and if you've got one of those you don't just give up on them you find a way to use them.

And to add to those comments about Archer, of course I think he's a better finisher than Davis in general, just pointing out that in the championship this season their goal scoring ratios aren't too different, which I mean as a compliment to both of them.

I think Davis and Archer as a pair would be lethal at Championship level. 

Edit I don't take the credit, after doing some investigating I see that others before me compared his skillset to that of a midfielder.

Really what should have happened is him going out on loan earlier, then if he'd have done as well as he'd done this season we would have had more time to fully judge him, really the right thing to do by him at this point would be to let him go with a heavy heart, even if we know there's an element of risk involved, maybe let Forest have him cheaper if they agree to a buy back clause.

Wouldn't shock me if Davis comes back here and plays a few games with Ings in pre season as that's the strike partner he needs really to get him scoring.

That said Kienan needs to be playing week in week out somewhere rather than just sitting on bench and getting 10 minute cameos and he knows this so think he'll push for a move.

1 hour ago, useless said:

He was absolutely phenomenal today, and it's not been just today he's been brilliant ever since he went to Forest, and get this his goal scoring rate has been pretty decent for them as well five goals in just twelve games worth of football in terms of minutes on the pitch, I think that's actually a better strike rate than Archer, and people talk as if he's some sort of sharp shooter that would have buried all our chances if hadn't gone on loan.

I wouldn't be too hasty in letting him go

I really think we could live to regret letting him go. Said it for a long time.

Can't see him wanting to stay at villa, he seems so happy at forest and they all love him. Such a shame really liked Davis think there's a decent player in there but it is just that bit harder weight premier league defenders which is why maybe he has struggled for us

• Like 1

14 hours ago, paul514 said:

then put a buy back in...... this isn't difficult

It’s just balance isn’t it. To accept the buy back  the buying club would want a big discount now… so if Villa DON’T think he might be coming back then they may as well cash in now.

Edit: to be clear I personally agree with you, I’d let him go cheap now with a buyback or I’d extend his contract and give him another full season out on loan. Either way just keep the option.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Can't see him wanting to stay at villa, he seems so happy at forest and they all love him. Such a shame really liked Davis think there's a decent player in there but it is just that bit harder weight premier league defenders which is why maybe he has struggled for us

He's a perfect fit at Forest, getting to play regularly and the feeling between him and fans seems mutual.

I can't see anything happening other than Davis moving to Forest permanently.

29 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

The love-in for Keinan Davis over on the Forest forum is heart-warming. They think he’s superb.

Changed the dynamic of the game last night at a time when Forest were on the ropes. 

Hugely pleased for the big man. 

They won’t love him when we say £25m lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's a perfect fit at Forest, getting to play regularly and the feeling between him and fans seems mutual.

I can't see anything happening other than Davis moving to Forest permanently.

Especially if they get promoted

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd love it if you were right. And if they do win today it will unquestionably not have happened without Davis.

I saw someone yesterday say he was " barely good enough for the championship " 🤦🏿

• Haha 1

Â