Keinan Davis

a-k

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Deano wants him at Norwich.

I think no matter what we do, we should put a buy back and/or sell on into any deal for him.

I genuinely think it could come back to bite us in the ass if we don't.

I'd actually rather we keep him but that's not popular opinion.

He's different to what we have.....diversity, is something we should be attracted to.

If we wanted to buy a player like Keinan, what would the championship clubs be looking for.....

We have players who can score, holding it up, we don't.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Davis is an enigma, a lot of his attributes mark him out as a top player, but never really seemed to click with him for us. All players need games to develop, Davis has been unlucky with injuries and at times being considered too good to be sold/loaned but not good enough to start games. In most games for us when given reasonable minutes he’s been powerful but rusty in front of goal, if he’d played 100 games in his career by now maybe he’s be a completely different player. He’ll never be a 20 goal a season striker but if he can be a 10+ goal striker with everything else he adds he’d be a very useful player.

If we do sell him it might be the best for all parties, I can’t see him pushing for regular starts in the PL for us, equally I hope there’s a reasonable fee as I can see him getting back into the PL one day

Yeah, but why do other clubs have reserves like Benteke, Origi, Shane Long.....to bring on to change things.

Why, can't KD be that player for us?.....we need diversity of player, not the same.

On 15/04/2022 at 14:54, PaulC said:

Thought he did ok without ever looking like he would score. Strong, hold up play was good and created one good opportunity but done nothign to suggest we should retain his services. 

You're gonna base it off one game?

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah, but why do other clubs have reserves like Benteke, Origi, Shane Long.....to bring on to change things.

Why, can't KD be that player for us?.....we need diversity of player, not the same.

Shane long 1 goal this season

Benteke 4 in 22

What we need

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's only unpopular because people laugh at his goal record, and assume he was bad when he played for us, when he really wasn't. His performances were generally very good, and I wouldn't even say he was a bad finisher, he just didn't/doesn't get into the right positions often enough. If that part of his game clicks...sky is the limit. We'd be stupid to let him go permanently or without a buyback IMO.

Just look at the possession stats for Forest and how he's improved their team as a whole, it's ridiculous ffs.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

It's only unpopular because people laugh at his goal record, and assume he was bad when he played for us, when he really wasn't. His performances were generally very good, and I wouldn't even say he was a bad finisher, he just didn't/doesn't get into the right positions often enough. If that part of game clicks...sky is the limit. We'd be stupid to let him go permanently or without a buyback IMO.

Just look at the possession stats for Forest and how he's improved their team as a whole, it's ridiculous ffs.

One of those things though ain't it mate? ( We are all guilty to some degree on different topics on here ).

Once minds are made up, facts don't matter so much.

Keinan has come on at times and totally changed games, with only 10 - 15 minutes in.

His injury record over his time here is also always conveniently ignored, to display his " record ".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do you judge everyone on numbers? Not that these two are particularly great examples though.

Not really but I have seen Shane Long play about 150 times. He plays a few good games vs Villa thats it. Benteke has been done for a long time

Ings who is probably our 2nd striker has done more than both Long and Benteke this season. I just think its stupid that some posters think players of every club better than any of ours and now even the shit ones

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Shane long 1 goal this season

Benteke 4 in 22

What we need

Benteke's goal return per minute isn't actually bad for the past 2 seasons, last season in particular he was 1 goal in 2 full games which is a very good strike rate. Its just he comes off the bench a lot more nowadays so the goal per appearance stats get skewed. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think no matter what we do, we should put a buy back and/or sell on into any deal for him.

Deano could certainly find ten thousand ways to spend their parachute payments worse. 

He would be a great signing for them for next year. 

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Benteke's goal return per minute isn't actually bad for the past 2 seasons, last season in particular he was 1 goal in 2 full games which is a very good strike rate. Its just he comes off the bench a lot more nowadays so the goal per appearance stats get skewed. 

its hard to get a 15 goal a season striker for cover.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I was thinking Deano would want him for sure. Pukki not getting younger and they'd be a good pair for Championship

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

A combined 13 goals between our two frontmen suggest we dont. 

I meant other than the front 2.

but this 20 plus goals a season claim by some is pie in the sky....they are rare, even more so, why defending is key.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

but this 20 plus goals a season claim by some is pie in the sky....they are rare, even more so, why defending is key.

Rare for us as we've not had one in top flight football for over 40 years. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He should or at least could be, but we all know his goal scoring record just isn’t up to scratch. Would you bring him on for the last 15 minutes when we need a goal, with any expectation of getting one? 

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He should or at least could be, but we all know his goal scoring record just isn’t up to scratch. Would you bring him on for the last 15 minutes when we need a goal, with any expectation of getting one? 

No.... I would bring him on when we keep losing the ball and it comes straight back at us....He is not a player to bring on to get you a goal, but he is a player to bring on to get someone else a goal.

We all know he is not a goal scorer, but he can play players in....and his big old frame is a target, it helps midfielders move the ball and not get caught dithering looking for an outlet.

Most of the other teams in the Prem, do not have prolific goal scorers sitting on the bench waiting to get on......but they do have back up forwards who can add something.

I would guess, Benteke comes on for his physical presence up front....it affects games.

as an example ...Divock Origi has scored 40 goals in 172 games in 7 seasons.....hardly pulling trees up.....why do you think they don't sell him?....I suspect it's because he brings something different to play off.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

No I would bring him on when we keep losing the ball and it comes straight back at us.

We all know he is not a goal scorer, but he can play players in.

Most of the other teams in the Prem, do not have prolific goal scorers sitting on the bench waiting to get on......but they do have back up forwards who can add something.

I would guess, Benteke comes on for his physical presence up front....it affects games.

I see his good attributes and don’t particularly disagree with you. The problem with the ball coming straight back at us though is generally down to the at best hopeful but usually poor balls being pumped forward. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes. You do realise how many attacking opportunities he creates? He doesn't have to be the one scoring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yes. You do realise how many attacking opportunities he creates? He doesn't have to be the one scoring.

I think in the long term a striker has to score.....but while we are going through this transitional period, I would keep him as back up or to change tactics....providing of course, that he wants to stay, he might want to leave.

If we are going to change tactics, we have to have players who can help us change them.....invariably, one comes off, same type goes on......we are changing faces, not tactics.

Â