Keinan Davis

a-k

18 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I respect everyone's opinions, however divided, on Keinan. 

But I reckon when we let him go we will regret it. Big time. 

Albrighton and Cahill levels of regret. If not more. 

Albrighton is a great comparison…. I’d never expect him to go somewhere else and become a new Drogba, but a perfectly adequate player for our squad who we should only sell if the price is right (which might or might not be this summer depending on Forest).

• Like 1

If Forest were to offer around 8-10m if they came up, I think we’d probably accept but be smart about it and put in a £25m buy back clause. 

This is what big clubs do to teams below them! 

Davis is a player I really want to succeed at Villa. Look at what Antonio is doing at West Ham. The bloke hasn’t scored that many in the past 3-6 months but as long as you have other players like Bowen, Fornals, Lanzini, Soucek etc chipping in with 5-10 a season, it doesn’t matter. 

If we were to bring Coutinho in and sign a goal scoring wide player, someone like Bowen, Davis could be extremely useful for us. He has such a good touch for a big man. 

If we’re confident about his fitness, we need to think very carefully about selling Davis. Even if he isn’t a guaranteed starter, he offers something completely different to any other player in our squad. I remember an interview with Grealish when he said Davis was the strongest player in the squad by a mile. That’s a squad that features Hause and Mings who aren’t exactly weak. 

Davis could be a real weapon for us. If we go out and sign a top quality striker in the Summer, I’d rather have Davis as a back up than Watkins/Ings who can fetch a pretty penny on the market.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope Forest go up, if so I think we should loan him out for a hefty loan fee and see how he performs in the PL on a regular basis.

If they got promoted they might sign him permanently, just stick a buy back clause  in just in case.

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Just watching him now for Forest. He's like a cheat code in this division. If only he was a goalscorer. 

People keep saying this, but he brings so much to a team that shouldn't be ignored.

He's the type who can allow and provide others to score bucketloads.

Also, hasn't he scored a couple of brilliant goals for them?

• Like 4

He's scored five goals for Forest in just over eleven games worth of football in terms of time on the pitch, his goal to minutes ratio in the championship isn't actually that far behind Archer's.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Just watching him now for Forest. He's like a cheat code in this division. If only he was a goalscorer. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People keep saying this, but he brings so much to a team that shouldn't be ignored.

He's the type who can allow and provide others to score bucketloads.

Also, hasn't he scored a couple of brilliant goals for them?

6 minutes ago, useless said:

He's scored five goals for Forest in just over eleven games worth of football in terms of time on the pitch, his goal to minutes ratio in the championship isn't actually that far behind Archer's.

Ye, interesting the take on Davis, as he has scored a few goals for Forest, i think he is 1 goal away from equalling his entire career's tally for Villa (for Forest).

Davis/Archer in the Champ (this season):

Davis - 14 games, 5 goals, 2 assists (1 goal every 2.18 games and 0.78 goal contributions per game, when minutes played are factored in)

Archer - 15 games, 7 goals, 0 assists (1 goal every 1.88 games and 0.94 goal contributions each game, when minutes played are factored in)

Both Davis & Archer are doing great on loan this season, tbf.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Albrighton is a great comparison…. I’d never expect him to go somewhere else and become a new Drogba, but a perfectly adequate player for our squad who we should only sell if the price is right (which might or might not be this summer depending on Forest).

I don't think Albrighton is a good comparison at all. That was certainly a clueless manager over player problem, whereby KD had ample opportunities, and in the department he was selected for, he disappointed.

I'm speaking as a huge fan of course! For his age I think he's close to exceptional, except when it comes to scoring goals in the top flight. Doesn't Teemu Pukki excel in the Championship each season, before disappointing in the Prem? I'll probably keep an eye out for Davis for the rest of his career; I'm not even sure why, there's just something about the kid where you want him to do well, but I doubt that will be in the Premier League, though I hope that this is the case with a Forest or Norwich type club.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Doesn't Teemu Pukki excel in the Championship each season, before disappointing in the Prem?

A double digit return for Norwich is  more than decent. On nine so far. His movement and shooting is very good. With a better team behind him he'd score a lot! 

6 minutes ago, Dale said:

A double digit return for Norwich is  more than decent. On nine so far. His movement and shooting is very good. With a better team behind him he'd score a lot! 

Yeah Pukki's movement is excellent. Buendia had a great connection with him.

Thought he did ok without ever looking like he would score. Strong, hold up play was good and created one good opportunity but done nothign to suggest we should retain his services. 

Edited by PaulC

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I disagree, Albrighton was a very good player at Villa. Davis never was, and while we all want him to be a success we can't be playing him if our ambition is to beat the likes of Leicester or West Ham.

If we were a Brighton - sure. Let's have him in the squad. 

But I feel we need to aim higher.

On 15/04/2022 at 10:15, Mic09 said:

I disagree, Albrighton was a very good player at Villa. Davis never was, and while we all want him to be a success we can't be playing him if our ambition is to beat the likes of Leicester or West Ham.

If we were a Brighton - sure. Let's have him in the squad. 

But I feel we need to aim higher.

My point in the comparison is that I suspect he’ll go on to have a decent career elsewhere and we will think “oh we let him go very cheap for what he’s done since.”

Davis is an enigma, a lot of his attributes mark him out as a top player, but never really seemed to click with him for us. All players need games to develop, Davis has been unlucky with injuries and at times being considered too good to be sold/loaned but not good enough to start games. In most games for us when given reasonable minutes he’s been powerful but rusty in front of goal, if he’d played 100 games in his career by now maybe he’s be a completely different player. He’ll never be a 20 goal a season striker but if he can be a 10+ goal striker with everything else he adds he’d be a very useful player.

If we do sell him it might be the best for all parties, I can’t see him pushing for regular starts in the PL for us, equally I hope there’s a reasonable fee as I can see him getting back into the PL one day

Â