Keinan Davis

a-k

23 hours ago, TRO said:

David Platt is an example how we bought a journeyman from Crewe for c£ 250,000......and he gradually turned himself in to a free scoring midfielder.

Platt is the perfect example which inspires fans to never write-off a player, because history tells us that even the most unpromising start is not always the best predictor of outcome.

I am sure that the fans of Sporting de Gijón are still wondering why the club rejected Lewandowski.

Didn't a famous manager reject Steve Bull at the Albion?

• Like 1

On 11/04/2022 at 10:17, nick76 said:

I comment on most threads in on topic, regular on some threads in off topic as well.  

Whatever is hot topic at the time I generally post in.  

I didn’t realise you could only comment more than a few times in a thread if you are positive, I didn’t see that in the rules.  If you have a negative view, then you   should limit posting, I get it.

You call it negative, I think wanting him to do well at Forest and them giving us a good fee in the summer to reinvest back in Villa is far more positive than another season at the Villa doing nothing earning money, potentially blocking youth players coming through.

I think my positivity is towards the betterment of Villa which is to sell a player that’s sitting on our books earning money for years not playing for us but worth a good fee, than caring about about the player who some fans irrationally keep dreaming will come good one day at top level and after a dozen games at a lower level club keeps those fantasy dreams alive for a bit longer.  

So my positivity is solely on what’s best for Villa and that’s by getting a saleable asset off the books rather paying reasonable wages for somebody that is going to offer nothing to the main team at the level we are at.

Then it just amuses me that people try to compare him to Tammy, I wet my pants laughing on that one.

Why do I keep posting! Why not, in between looking and posting on other threads, it’s the whole point of a discussion/message board at the end of the day!

To be fair you've made this thread your own personal anti-Keinan thread multiple times before.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rolta said:

To be fair you've made this thread your own personal anti-Keinan thread multiple times before.

and Tammy was my pro-Tammy thread, and Smith I was pro, Phunnay pics I was pro funny etc etc, almost as if I have views of my own and like to discuss, debate and argue them on a message board.  It’s almost as if that’s what this forum was designed and set up to do.  

If I was arguing these points on a cookery or car website then I’d understand people questioning me but me discussing a fair few times on a forum set up for doing that and on-topic seems strange.  

People only don’t like me discussing with different people at different times throughout the year if they don’t agree with me.

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and Tammy was my pro-Tammy thread, and Smith I was pro, Phunnay pics I was pro funny etc etc, almost as if I have views of my own and like to discuss, debate and argue them on a message board.  It’s almost as if that’s what this forum was designed and set up to do.  

If I was arguing these points on a cookery or car website then I’d understand people questioning me but me discussing a fair few times on a forum set up for doing that and on-topic seems strange.  

People only don’t like me discussing with different people at different times throughout the year if they don’t agree with me.

I mean, people were annoyed with you in the Tammy thread too, but I guess people should've known better and left you to your own devices in there.

The Davis thread however, its not just discussion is it? You often remark sarcastically and in a demeaning tone towards anyone who says anything remotely positive regarding Davis. Its almost like you're "baiting" people to attempt to engage with you. And you do it so often that I wouldn't be surprised if you're the person with the most comments in this thread.

I've seen you discuss certain topics with people normally before. What you're doing in the Davis thread is different. I've genuinely been hesitant to post more positive comments regarding Davis because I know there's a good chance you'll come in replying in a snarky tone implying how our opinions are clearly wrong and Davis is trash. It gets a bit tiresome with the frequency in which you do it.

I don't rate Wesley for example. But I don't go in the Wesley thread telling everyone about how I think he's still terrible every time he has any semblance of a positive performance. I let the other posters be happy for him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, people were annoyed with you in the Tammy thread too, but I guess people should've known better and left you to your own devices in there.

The Davis thread however, its not just discussion is it? You often remark sarcastically and in a demeaning tone towards anyone who says anything remotely positive regarding Davis. Its almost like you're "baiting" people to attempt to engage with you. And you do it so often that I wouldn't be surprised if you're the person with the most comments in this thread.

I've seen you discuss certain topics with people normally before. What you're doing in the Davis thread is different. I've genuinely been hesitant to post more positive comments regarding Davis because I know there's a good chance you'll come in replying in a snarky tone implying how our opinions are clearly wrong and Davis is trash. It gets a bit tiresome with the frequency in which you do it.

I don't rate Wesley for example. But I don't go in the Wesley thread telling everyone about how I think he's still terrible every time he has any semblance of a positive performance. I let the other posters be happy for him.

I will take your comment on board.

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Who hasn't posted thousands of time over the course of a year about a muscular young man they are completely indifferent to?

You leave my Chris Hemsworth website out of this 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Platt is the perfect example which inspires fans to never write-off a player, because history tells us that even the most unpromising start is not always the best predictor of outcome.

I am sure that the fans of Sporting de Gijón are still wondering why the club rejected Lewandowski.

Didn't a famous manager reject Steve Bull at the Albion?

Football has a habit of throwing up unexpected scenarios....but we can't always get it right.....blending a team is one of the most important things to be good at, but you have to have the ingredients to start with.

Jose sold Salah and De Bruyne....and one of the worlds most prominent managers.....It's a funny old game.

equally we can keep flogging a dead donkey.

Its one of the quirks of football.

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Nick....You only say what you do because you believe you are right.....thats conviction and should be applauded.

Everyone has a right to disagree with you, if they please, but you always explain your reasoning for your views, that too has to be applauded.

We have had our ding dongs, but I have always respected your points.

Keep 'em coming.....open and honest opinion, is most welcome to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

sorry, for poking my nose in.😇 I come in peace.

but , I am not in favour of censorship in open debate, meaning you should challenge him if you see fit, at the time and then he can counter too....thats debate...We can't just tell other posters how often to post, and in what context to post, its their board as well as the next mans.

I think its healthy for opinions to be challenged, providing they have substance, and perspicacity, for meaningful debate and cross fertilisation of views....and of course are respectful to the poster.

Its a forum, we are here to debate, and seek to analyse our performances, to further our knowledge on the team we support.....not tread on egg shells avoiding controvesy...sure we can disagree.

Controversial opinions open debate, and should be welcome by willing debaters.....its no shame in being wrong or questioned by perceivably a stronger opinion.

Nick is a game, supporter, with hard and fast views on certain subjects like Keinan Davis...I don't agree with him entirely on this,but partially do....... but I do admire his conviction, nevertheless.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Look at those "possession" numbers, it's no wonder the team always plays better with him in it. I'm sure someone mentioned that was the same with us as well. He might not score many but him being on the pitch sees the team score more and concede less 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

Look at those "possession" numbers, it's no wonder the team always plays better with him in it. I'm sure someone mentioned that was the same with us as well. He might not score many but him being on the pitch sees the team score more and concede less 

I respect everyone's opinions, however divided, on Keinan. 

But I reckon when we let him go we will regret it. Big time. 

Albrighton and Cahill levels of regret. If not more. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Big difference from the championship to premier league though tom. Davis hasnt been very good when given opportunities in premier league.

Ignoring goals, do you really think his performances haven't been very good?

45 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think when he first started (who can forgwt that norwich game) he looked a real prospect. In championship he looked very good in stages.

But at PL level he has looked remotely poor and not good enough at this level. You get more time and space on the ball in the championship. Furthermore your up against some really poor standards of defence. I think championship is his level unfortunately 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

From memory, I was nearly always impressed in his appearances for Villa. Hold up play and link up play were always good. Just lacked goals. Judging from this loan move .. he might just be adding that part to his game.

I'd like to see him get a pre-season here and really kick on but something tells me SG has made up his mind and wants his own forward and will sell Davis (and probably Ings) to raise some funds to get one. 

I agree with others in saying that it would be a decision that we could come to regret.

• Like 3

Â