Keinan Davis

a-k

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is still our best striker in terms of his general play.

Samatta somehow managed to make Wesley look half decent today.

Based on today, Wes is heads and shoulders our best striker.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle's 40 million striker has only scored 2 goals...

Not an easy league to score goals in. Hope Keinan do well next season in the Championship and build his confidence up.

Hopefully at a different club when we sell him.

Just now, nick76 said:

Wes problem is he has 1 good game then he disappear for the next 5-6 games.

Davis general play is consistently good. Hope he can become a goalscorer and boost up his confidence in the Championship next season.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Wes problem is he has 1 good game then he disappear for the next 5-6 games.

Davis general play is consistently good. Hope he can become a goalscorer and boost up his confidence in the Championship next season.

This is just not true as shown today.  In the four games since restart, he’s only played well against Sheff Utd.

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

....Not an easy league to score goals in. ...

Unless it's against us!

Davis just doesn't improve, could playing El Khazi up front be an option? (I've just sicked in my mouth)

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hardly, i think that given that quite some time has passed, that strikers who replaced him haven't scored, and that Wesley scored in his last game for us, we are remembering him more fondly that we ought to (just like many people forgot how ineffective McGinn actually was even before his injury). 

Wesley was woeful and was an absolute passanger in most games. 

• Like 1

Just now, WooJung said:

Hardly, i think that given that quite some time has passed, that strikers who replaced him haven't scored, and that Wesley scored in his last game for us, we are remembering him more fondly that we ought to (just like many people forgot how ineffective McGinn actually was even before his injury). 

Wesley was woeful and was an absolute passanger in most games. 

Completely disagree and if you look at my posts during Wes’ play I was positive about him and he was starting to slowly get into a rhythm.  Our service to our strikers is poor all season and our strikers are struggling will that poor service.  Wes is the best striker out of the three.  Obviously he’s no Tammy and we were spoilt with him but Wes is our current best striker and I’m looking forward to seeing him next season.

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought his build up play was excellent as usual, he just needs a goal to go in off his backside. I hope we keep him in the team for the next match

We have no choice to keep him in we don’t have options.  His build up play was poor today.

Just now, nick76 said:

Completely disagree and if you look at my posts during Wes’ play I was positive about him and he was starting to slowly get into a rhythm.  Our service to our strikers is poor all season and our strikers are struggling will that poor service.  Wes is the best striker out of the three.  Obviously he’s no Tammy and we were spoilt with him but Wes is our current best striker and I’m looking forward to seeing him next season.

Fair enough, we are allowed to disagree, I suppose 🙂

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought his build up play was excellent as usual, he just needs a goal to go in off his backside. I hope we keep him in the team for the next match

I wouldn't say it was even good let alone excellent, however it was THERE. Our attacking presence vanished the moment he came off. 

Many of us said at the start of the season the lack of striking options would be a problem and so it has proved. Putting you premier League survival hopes on 1 unproven striker from a lesser league has incompetence written all over it quite frankly. Keinan is exactly what we all knew he would be...Able to occasionally hold the ball up but injury prone and unable to score goals (Heskey MK11).

Samatta is basically another version of Wesley and just replaces like for like as in an unproven striker from a lesser league. Clearly those in charge of signings are not heeding the lessons and it has cost us untold millions in lost revenue due to another relegation (now a virtual certainty) Surely it would have been better to spend a bit more and get someone proven in?

• Like 3

It seems to me that Davis mistimes his jumps to head it when it's in the box and often isnt even facing the right way to divert the ball towards goal when he does win the header.  I'd have thought even at 23 he would be better at it.  Samatta is different as I reckon he is more of a fox in the box and requires service from wide areas.

Maybe I'm just plain blind, but I thought he couldn't trap a ball to save his life today. Granted he's a decent shielder of the ball, but he'll never make it on any level, unless he improves his first touch

• Like 1

Thought his control and link-up play was reliable as ever. Won free-kicks, played a key part in our best move (that ended with a powderpuff Hourihane shot being blocked). Yes, it was almost always with his back to goal – i don’t know how much that is him and how much is the system – but those few players who got a tick for at least “trying” today are not going to get too much criticism from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Thought his control and link-up play was reliable as ever. Won free-kicks, played a key part in our best move (that ended with a powderpuff Hourihane shot being blocked). Yes, it was almost always with his back to goal – i don’t know how much that is him and how much is the system – but those few players who got a tick for at least “trying” today are not going to get too much criticism from me.

Agree and he wasn’t one of them who was trying today

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Â