Keinan Davis

a-k

Didn't really look a threat himself but did a hell of a lot more than Samatta today.

Be a bit of a throw back but someone with some pace and movement next to him would benefit massively from what he does.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

He’s a disruption but not a threat, sadly. 

He didn’t give their defenders a hard day at all today.  Where was the Sheff Utd performance.  His only job is to be a battering ram and hold up the ball and apart from one or two instances, the Wolves central Defence could’ve let one of their defenders have a day off

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, penguin said:

Didn't really look a threat himself but did a hell of a lot more than Samatta today.

Be a bit of a throw back but someone with some pace and movement next to him would benefit massively from what he does.

If he did it often enough....this is his chance to shine, even if we don’t benefit from it because we don’t have that player to play off him but another day where he didn’t do what he is good at.

18 hours ago, sne said:

Acted like he was carrying some sort of shoulder injury.

He is Mr Glass so he probably was. 

He went down 1st half holding it. I think he stayed on as Targett just came off 

Really surprised by this thread. I thought his general play was great, absolutely one of our top players yesterday. I don’t think he’s going to quite cut it as a striker in the PL - I don’t think he will ever get enough goals and that may be true whatever level as he doesn’t seem a natural goalscorer - but I’m so surprised at the criticism of his hold up play, where he brought other people into the game a few times, and his general play where he was actually not afraid to keep the ball unlike half our team.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 27/06/2020 at 16:49, meregreen said:

If he’s 23 and only started 3 Premiership games, it doesn’t say very much about his ability level does it.

He's been under contract at a Championship club until this season and pretty much injured most of the time this season.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Definitely worth keeping for the championship. He’s been one of our better players since being back and I’ve been more impressed with him than Samatta. 

Nah just sell him in the summer and get a proper striker in.

• Like 2

He has the highest xGChain90 in our squad after Grealish obviously and isn't far behind him. xGChain90 being a stat which essentially measures how much he contributes to an attacking chance per 90 minutes of posession he has. This is even more impressive considering most of the minutes he's played have came after the restart where we have struggled to create chances.

Pity the finishing isn't there. If paired with a lethal finisher I think he's capable of magic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He has the highest xGChain90 in our squad after Grealish obviously and isn't far behind him. xGChain90 being a stat which essentially measures how much he contributes to an attacking chance per 90 minutes of posession he has. This is even more impressive considering most of the minutes he's played have came after the restart where we have struggled to create chances.

Pity the finishing isn't there. If paired with a lethal finisher I think he's capable of magic.

I have no idea about any goldie looking chain stats but what I do know is he looks like he could be a very useful attacking target man to hold up the play and create chances for other players to benefit from.

Worth keeping hold of.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have no idea about any goldie looking chain stats but what I do know is he looks like he could be a very useful attacking target man to hold up the play and create chances for other players to benefit from.

Worth keeping hold of.

I actually misread the stats there, so that's my bad. I assumed he was helping contribute to chances being created, but it was actually more him being good at getting at the end of good chances more than anything. He just sucks at finishing them.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

58 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I actually misread the stats there, so that's my bad. I assumed he was helping contribute to chances being created, but it was actually more him being good at getting at the end of good chances more than anything. He just sucks at finishing them.

just watching the game is quite a nifty thing to do.

• Like 2

If we want to push on, we need new strikers right across the front.

The strikers we have may be just about ok in the CH, but they are no Abraham, and certainly are no good for the PL. You cannot win anything without good strikers, and we don't have them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I do watch the game, I just don't disregard stats completely either just because it doesn't fit with my initial intuition.

I don't reject stats either, but imo, just support material.

I happen to think some folk put too much store in to them......Watching the game is far more revealing to me, but you have to have the ability to interpret what is going on.

That is something a spectator develops over time.

Â