Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He'd be top class if he could score goals. 

Agreed, his holdup play is easily the best of any of our strikers, but DS likes 1 up top and you can only accommodate a Davis type striker if your midfielders are chipping in with 8-10 goals each.

Thats unfair. 

His hold up play, touches and the way he keeps the ball are PL level. 

No it really isn't.. It's an opinion based on the fact that he has never scored regulars goal at this level or the championship. Hold up play, touch??? How old is he?! He is a non threatening attacker... pointless.

I think he's a poor version of a young Heskey without goals..  

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He'd be top class if he could score goals. 

He’s not top class though, he plays well so sporadically and you then add that he can’t score means he’s not top class with or without goals 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

No it really isn't.. It's an opinion based on the fact that he has never scored regulars goal at this level or the championship. Hold up play, touch??? How old is he?! He is a non threatening attacker... pointless.

I think he's a poor version of a young Heskey without goals..  

He's 23 and started 3 premier league games. Bit harsh to write him off. 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looked a much better player than Samatta today although none of them looked particularly great.

Sorry but they both looked useless. If you are claiming one degree difference in rubbish that’s grasping at straws

I don't think so...23 and done nothing to suggest he deserves to be at this level in anyway shape or form. It's an opinion....you don't have to agree. 

If he’s 23 and only started 3 Premiership games, it doesn’t say very much about his ability level does it.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Sorry but they both looked useless. If you are claiming one degree difference in rubbish that’s grasping at straws

I thought Keinan did hold the ball up well and played the simple ball.

Did the basics right. I will concede he is not a goal threat though.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I don't think so...23 and done nothing to suggest he deserves to be at this level in anyway shape or form. It's an opinion....you don't have to agree. 

I don't think he's amazing. He wouldn't be starting for probably any other team in the league. 

I think he has some good qualities but unless he becomes more of a threat he won't play much at this level. 

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

If he’s 23 and only started 3 Premiership games, it doesn’t say very much about his ability level does it.

The kid was playing non-league 4 years ago. I agree, he's not a great Premier league player. I think he has some good qualities.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

That’s the only thing I expect from him and was disappointed in it today, his success ratio today in this aspect was low.

The kid was playing non-league 4 years ago. I agree, he's not a great Premier league player. I think he has some good qualities.

Yeah bench warming and keeping the physio busy.....certainly not keeping the opposing goalkeeper busy.

Newcastle's 40 million striker has only scored 2 goals...

Not an easy league to score goals in. Hope Keinan do well next season in the Championship and build his confidence up.

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did the basics right. I will concede he is not a goal threat though.

He was the best striker at the club last week? 

1 minute ago, jim said:

He was the best striker at the club last week? 

He probably might still be. Shows the standard of our squad. 

Would either of samatta or Davis be starting for the teams around us?

Yet its all smiths fault. 

Smith made the decison not to sign Maupay by his own admission. Not saying i particularly wanted Maupay, but that shows that he has a degree of responsibility for our striking options.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Smith made the decison not to sign Maupay by his own admission. Not saying i particularly wanted Maupay, but that shows that he has a degree of responsibility for our striking options.

Didn't we pay more for Wesley than Brighton payed for Maupay?

Â