Keinan Davis

a-k

Shouldn't underestimate his contribution, those games when we had no other striker to come on, we struggled to see games out. His hold up play looks like it's improved. Did some great skill at one point in the game when he had about 3 players around him

I’ve rated him for a long time but he looks like he is still improving at a fast rate. Forget his goalscoring record as a 19 year old in a Bruce team, this lad is very capable as a PL level centre forward based on the minutes he has had this season. Maybe he’s more Heskey than Shearer in the goal scoring department but Heskey was top class.

If he stays fit the team will be better with him in it.

Had more than one person effectively call me mad for really liking Davis.

Regardless, I think he is a really good player, has the issue with goal return yes, but he has everything else in his locker I reckon. (Strong, quick, team player, works hard, excellent feet for a big man, takes players out of the game, brings players in to the game, etc etc etc)

If he can develop his goal threat he would be a complete player imo.

Whether he will or not who knows.

Edited by MaVilla

Love Davis. 

He doesn’t need to score shed loads to be effective. If he plays like he did last night for 90 mins in each of our remaining games, we’ll be fine. 

It would be nice to see him score 4/5 goals in the run in, but it’s his all round game that helps us as a team. It’s what used to annoy me about Wesley. Wesley’s goal return was fine, I didn’t see it as much of an issue, it was his overall play that used to frustrate me. At times, it was like he’d never kicked a football before. 

Witn Davis, you get more strength, pace, better ball control, better aerial ability and he even has a trick or two up his sleeve. I really hope he stays fit because if he can add a few goals to his game, all of a sudden you have a £50m striker on your hands. 

• Like 2

Â