Keinan Davis

a-k

51 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He’s shown enough for a bit of patience. He really is awkward to play against. He is big, strong, pretty quick and has decent close control. Unlikely ever to be a goal machine but a useful option to have.

when he's playing.

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s had a lot of injury problems which have held him back, I think he is good enough for us 

I have heard this line rolled out for the c50 years, I have watched football.

If a player is constantly injured as disappointing as that is.....He is not up to it.

Its not a very forgiving industry.

Football is not a game for snow flakes, its a gladatorial encounter that can be very harsh.

If you disagree, fine.....but watch our future....if we learn, we survive, if we don't, we will sink.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have heard this line rolled out for the c50 years, I have watched football.

If a player is constantly injured as disappointing as that is.....He is not up to it.

Its not a very forgiving industry.

Football is not a game for snow flakes, its a gladatorial encounter that can be very harsh.

If you disagree, fine.....but watch our future....if we learn, we survive, if we don't, we will sink.

You make a good point TRO. Apparently Shankly  wouldn't talk to players that were injured. 

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You make a good point TRO. Apparently Shankly  wouldn't talk to players that were injured. 

Neither would Saunders.

I remember Bobby Mcdonald saying to me  and calling Andy Gray over, when did Ron last speak to me, Andy said ages ago.

Ron did not suffer fools gladly, he was ruthless, like Shankly.

My point is, as harsh as it seems, its a ruthless business, That's the way it is and always will be.

Albrighton was injury prone, which was one of the reasons we let him go as he was hardly able to get on the pitch for us for the 2 years previous. 

I hope the club doesn’t make this mistake with Davis, who is still very young and has loads of potential to improve as frustrating as his injury situation is currently. 

I would think the era of managers not talking to injured players is long gone.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

Neither would Saunders.

I remember Bobby Mcdonald saying to me  and calling Andy Gray over, when did Ron last speak to me, Andy said ages ago.

Ron did not suffer fools gladly, he was ruthless, like Shankly.

My point is, as harsh as it seems, its a ruthless business, That's the way it is and always will be.

Not sure completely ignoring injured players is great man management to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like to see Keenan get a consistent run of games before he’s written off. That should probably be on loan at a championship club for a season. Or, should the worst happen and we go down, stay with us and we see what he can do. He’s shown he has some good attributes, strength, hold up play, a good first touch for example. He just needs to add goals to that, which may well come with consistent playing time and coaching. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What have the physios done to him, his body is all over the place.... and that left hand is going to give away lot of hand balls

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That stuff about not speaking to injured players is the biggest load of bunkum I've read in at least 30 minutes.

Have you come across any of screwdriver's posts yet?

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Have you come across any of screwdriver's posts yet?

They're decent satire.

Serious posts saying it's good when managers don't talk to injured players make me wonder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They're decent satire.

Serious posts saying it's good when managers don't talk to injured players make me wonder.

Decent satire? Ok we have different definitions of decent....

But the rest I absolutely agree with. Ludicrous position.

Â