Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Quite the opposite. Dubravka save against Newcastle. Foster save vs Watford. Just 2 that come to mind...

... just like the 2 "near goals" from Keinan.

It's a pointless argument.

No those 2 the phrase was 'should have scored.'

But yes it doesn't really count for much

30 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A little unfair. 

Davis has made 50 appearances in his career as a professional, compared to how much experience players on that list had?

Davis is still very much at the start of his progression and learning. Look at the difference between a 21 year old Jack Grealish and a 24 year old Grealish. Now not saying for one second that Davis will reach that level of improvement but he will still be developing and progressing. I thought he looked very sharp when he came on against Brighton  

I think had he been fit he'd have contributed this season. 

It is quite difficult to draw any comparisons with the stats available.

2017/18 season was his breakthrough one with us, and here’s how (according to WhoScored.com) he compared to other players that season:

Davis, 1503 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist, 0.9 Key Passes per game, 1.3 Dribbles per game, Avg rating 6.67 

Grealish, 2130 minutes, 3 goals, 6 assists, 2 Key Passes per game, 3 Dribbles per game, Avg rating 7.36

Kodjia, 868 minutes, 1 goal, 3 assists, 0.6 Key Passes per game, 1.5 Dribbles per game, Avg rating 6.64

Grabban, 1220 minutes, 8 goals, 1 assist, 1 Key Pass per game, 0.8 Dribbles per game, Avg rating 6.86

It’s hard to take much from these stats tbh.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

A little unfair. 

Davis has made 50 appearances in his career as a professional, compared to how much experience players on that list had?

Davis is still very much at the start of his progression and learning. Look at the difference between a 21 year old Jack Grealish and a 24 year old Grealish. Now not saying for one second that Davis will reach that level of improvement but he will still be developing and progressing. I thought he looked very sharp when he came on against Brighton  

I think had he been fit he'd have contributed this season. 

Nathen Delfouneso, 9 goals in 52 at Villa 

• Like 2

Unfortunately we can't rely on Keinan and Kel, I mean Keinan and Kodjia. Have to get another striker in.

Given Smith's recent decisions, I'd have thought Davis will be second choice unless Kodjia books his ideas up.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Apart from Luke Moore, all of the strikers on your list were established players when they played for us. Davis is just a kid. He saved our season when he came into the team under Bruce. Until that point we were going nowhere but his introduction gave the team a focal point to play around.
I actually thought that although Grabben scored lots of goals for us, we were a better balanced team with Davis playing. He is unlikely ever to be a prolific scorer but his game brings lots of opportunities for the players around him. Jack, SJM and the like could be smashing them in from all angles playing off a Davis.

I didn't list any strikers?

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Where the hell is he? He has to be the most frustratingly injury prone player I’ve known at Villa. He picks up a minor injury and he’s sidelined for 6 months every time. Starting to think his career will be over by 25. 

Personally, I think Rushian Hepburn-Murphy takes that title

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

15 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

sick of waiting for this guy to get fit.

If we had 2 decent strikers his name wouldn't be mentioned at all.

Speaks volumes about the big mess we're in.

I’ll rise to it just cos I’m bored.

Keinan was our #2 striker ya numpty, would have got far more game time than kodjia had he been fit.

• 2 weeks later...

What's even wrong with him? Has he seriously been injured for like 3 months from a training ground injury? 

He's not going to be match fit even if he's physically fit again. 

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We need him so bad it's unreal. He always gets injured at crucial times.

It’s exactly why we should get Hepburn-Murphy back from his loan. Seeing as we haven’t, I think it means a striker signing is close

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s exactly why we should get Hepburn-Murphy back from his loan. Seeing as we haven’t, I think it means a striker signing is close

Or that Rushian hasn’t done enough on loan to show he’d be able to cope with the first team?

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Is he back any time soon?

The last I heard, which was the press conference pre Man City, Smith said he is still about 2 weeks away. He had resumed training but then felt his hamstring again.

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Or that Rushian hasn’t done enough on loan to show he’d be able to cope with the first team?

Harry Kane didn’t pull up any trees when he went out on loan a few years ago, look at him now. Loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability in my opinion, they nearly always need time to adjust to new surroundings and teammates

Â