Keinan Davis

a-k

3 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Like him a lot. Rate him highly. Think he has a bright future. Watch the highlights of our 4-2 home win v Norwich a couple of years back. Not many teenagers can dominate a game like that.

See I’m the opposite, can do some holding up but has nothing else.  I dread him being our starting striker and I used to sink back in my chair when he came on as sub.  Nice guy but wasn’t good enough at championship level and certainly not PL level.

• Like 1

Harewood scored 5 goals in 29 appearances for Villa (17%)

Allback scored 6 in 35 (17%)

Baros scored 9 in 42 (21%)

J Ayew scored 9 in 51 (18%)

Hogan 10 in 61 (16%)

Gestede scored 10 in 55 (18%)

Heskey scored 14 in 110 (13%)

L Moore scored 15 in 88 (17%)

In a who's who of pretty awful strikers who,  by and large, played in the Premier League Keinan Davis is still looking at them with envy.

Keinan Davis has scored 4 in 53 appearances (8%). He is not an option. If he leaves this club having scored as many as Allback I'll be slightly surprised (but who knows with cup games) but I'd say Hogan is out of reach for him whatever happens...

I'd love these words to be shoved down my throat, I want all Villa players to be world-beaters, but Keinan Davis is an absolutely awful finisher even at Championship level. Can anyone really see him scoring, especially with his feet, in the Premier League?! Some people may throw, legitimately, the minutes versus appearances argument in to the debate but I don't have time to research that! Needless to say, he's still not going to be covering himself in glory.

If we go in to the remainder of this season relying on him in any way then we are relegated! He may be nice, he may be a hard worker, he may be physical and can control a ball but a striker must score. He is no striker. We took a punt on a non-league player in the Championship and it didn't pay off. No way is it getting better in the Premier League.

* All stats taken from transfermarkt.co.uk

• Like 2

On 02/01/2020 at 13:06, rodders0223 said:

I don't know if I posted it at the time but a good year ago I heard a rumour that the fitness lads at the club were absolutely fuming at Steve Bruce for his handling of Davis' injuries and the prolonged playing of him whilst half fit.

It is really coming home to roost now. I don't see Keinan playing much of a part for us, he just cannot stay fit.

I just dont see that in Bruce character, Chester wouldnt agree or the 4 Newcastle players that got injured the other day 🤔

46 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Hogan 10 in 61 (16%)

In a who's who of pretty awful strikers who,  by and large, played in the Premier League Keinan Davis is still looking at them with envy.

Keinan Davis has scored 4 in 53 appearances (8%). He is not an option. If he leaves this club having scored as many as Allback I'll be slightly surprised (but who knows with cup games) but I'd say Hogan is out of reach for him whatever happens...

I'd love these words to be shoved down my throat, I want all Villa players to be world-beaters, but Keinan Davis is an absolutely awful finisher even at Championship level. Can anyone really see him scoring, especially with his feet, in the Premier League?! Some people may throw, legitimately, the minutes versus appearances argument in to the debate but I don't have time to research that! Needless to say, he's still not going to be covering himself in glory.

If we go in to the remainder of this season relying on him in any way then we are relegated! He may be nice, he may be a hard worker, he may be physical and can control a ball but a striker must score. He is no striker. We took a punt on a non-league player in the Championship and it didn't pay off. No way is it getting better in the Premier League.

Interesting stats but need backing up with minutes played rather than appearances to have real substance.

Not defending Davis one bit, just an unfair comparison. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Interesting stats but need backing up with minutes played rather than appearances to have real substance.

Did you see my post below? Here is link to 17/18 season. You could argue we have better players now I guess

https://www.transfermarkt.com/keinan-davis/leistungsdaten/spieler/412660/plus/0?saison=2017

On 02/01/2020 at 03:27, Chindie said:

Sadly, if Keinan is coming in to save our season, best let the season's family know it's on life support and it's not looking good...

I like Keinan and hope he can have a good career here, but I don't think he's ever going to be a Prem striker. 

He saved us in 2017 to be fair. He might not get the goals but I back our overall play to improve considerably with his inclusion.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I like Davis he is useful but he never ever looks like scoring. Maybe its confidence or talent, Heskey at Villa was a better finisher

Almost scored against Brighton, I could also remember him near scoring at Man City.

plus most of his appearances was as a sub, apart from his run at the end of 2017.

33 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Almost scored against Brighton, I could also remember him near scoring at Man City.

plus most of his appearances was as a sub, apart from his run at the end of 2017.

I'd be worried about using "almost scored" as an argument.

14 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I'd be worried about using "almost scored" as an argument.

Ofcourse if he’ll lead our attacking line I would agree with you. But I don’t mind him as a second choice. Couple of games here or there could be helpful. 

Its not as if our main attacker for the last 21 games was scoring for actually. Actually he didn’t score for 12 games apart from last game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Did you see my post below? Here is link to 17/18 season. You could argue we have better players now I guess

https://www.transfermarkt.com/keinan-davis/leistungsdaten/spieler/412660/plus/0?saison=2017

As I said not defending him but goals per appearance can be deceptive. Whoscored tends to be better than  transfermarkt for stats.

Edited by zab6359

I don’t think he’s going to come in and be some sensational new player but equally I don’t think judging him on stats from a couple of years ago shows what he’ll do now. That’s like looking at Harry Kane’s poor goal scoring stats as a teen on loan and saying he’ll never make it. But whatever, I think we are all agreed Davis should not be our number one (or number two) striker! 

• Like 1

I think it’s extremely unfair to reference his goalscoring record as a 19 year old in a Bruce team, as that was the only run of games he has had in his senior career. Also that run coincided with us scoring more goals as a team and his general play was very good. 

Clearly we can’t rely on him alone, particularly due to his poor injury record but I do believe he will prove to be a very good player. Play him in a side that creates regular chances and there is no reason he can’t score.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Apart from Luke Moore, all of the strikers on your list were established players when they played for us. Davis is just a kid. He saved our season when he came into the team under Bruce. Until that point we were going nowhere but his introduction gave the team a focal point to play around.
I actually thought that although Grabben scored lots of goals for us, we were a better balanced team with Davis playing. He is unlikely ever to be a prolific scorer but his game brings lots of opportunities for the players around him. Jack, SJM and the like could be smashing them in from all angles playing off a Davis.

6 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Hogan 10 in 61 (16%)

A little unfair. 

Davis has made 50 appearances in his career as a professional, compared to how much experience players on that list had?

Davis is still very much at the start of his progression and learning. Look at the difference between a 21 year old Jack Grealish and a 24 year old Grealish. Now not saying for one second that Davis will reach that level of improvement but he will still be developing and progressing. I thought he looked very sharp when he came on against Brighton  

I think had he been fit he'd have contributed this season. 

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For 12 games in a row we couldn't use this phrase for our record signing striker. 

Quite the opposite. Dubravka save against Newcastle. Foster save vs Watford. Just 2 that come to mind...

... just like the 2 "near goals" from Keinan.

It's a pointless argument.

• Like 1

Â