Keinan Davis

a-k

Very very good last night. The kid seems to be injured so much I've kind of stopped thinking about him when considering our squad. If he could keep fit it would be a welcome boost. 

Forgot to mention when I posted last night, I loved the bit where he took the ball down the byline.  Soyuncu (who is a very good defender, by the way) loves to absolutely clatter players when challening - he tried it against Davis, pretty much from behind, and just bounced off him :D

The guy has a place here, for sure, and if his contract is genuinely up in the summer then we need to be getting him to sign a new one ASAP.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Forgot to mention when I posted last night, I loved the bit where he took the ball down the byline.  Soyuncu (who is a very good defender, by the way) loves to absolutely clatter players when challening - he tried it against Davis, pretty much from behind, and just bounced off him :D

The guy has a place here, for sure, and if his contract is genuinely up in the summer then we need to be getting him to sign a new one ASAP.

I think the only thing that'll stop it happening is an injury. He's got a lot about him but just needs to stay fit and have a run of games. 

Not sure if we should start him or start with Samatta, got to give Samatta some game time to get up-to-speed. Davies is pretty effective coming off the bench also.  Samatta probably would not be as effective coming off the bench. 

Great first touch to bring a ball that had been fired at him under control, whilst being put under immense pressure from their defender.  Laid it off and initiated a play that relieved pressure on us.

This ability has been missing in so many of our players of late. Really promising 30 minutes of football.  Hope he stays fit. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Great first touch to bring a ball that had been fired at him under control, whilst being put under immense pressure from their defender.  Laid it off and initiated a play that relieved pressure on us.

This ability has been missing in so many of our players of late. Really promising 30 minutes of football.  Hope he stays fit. 

Eh? Didn’t see it this way at all.  Holds up the ball well but nothing else to his game.

Â