Keinan Davis

a-k

We paid 24m for Tyrone Mings off half a good season in the championship after years of being crocked. If Nottingham get promoted, surely we should be pushing for a figure not too far off from that for a younger Keinan Davis.

Edit: I should add, strikers are traditionally more expensive too.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We paid 24m for Tyrone Mings off half a good season in the championship after years of being crocked. If Nottingham get promoted, surely we should be pushing for a figure not too far off from that for a younger Keinan Davis.

I was thinking 15m but I think you're right on this. Forest needs to pony up at least 20m + add ons or no deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Thank you!!! This is how we need to think. Get really annoyed when I see fans saying they would do backflips if we got 3M for Davis.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

£50m minimum. 

I'm sure we'll Keinan to Forest in the summer if he and Forest want it. He's enjoying playing regularly too much to want to be a bench player again. Also think the fee will be modest. If Forest don't go up, I think we'd sell for around 10mil, add another 5 on that if they go up. See the Targett affair, we don't do pushing for big money if the player wants to leave. Archer will be our young gun on the bench

• Like 1

Have to say Davis has surprised me on how well he’s done at Forest so far. I really didn’t see it happening and I hold my hands up. I wasn’t even sure if he was Championship standard when he was with us. Fair play to him.

I would still maintain though that if we have real aspirations of breaking into the top six, than Davis shouldn’t be part of our squad going forward.  If Forest can’t do a deal in the summer, there’ll be plenty of other offers now I’m sure.

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Forest get promoted, It will be interesting to see what happens. They’ll want to keep him, but his price suddenly goes from x to y…

Honestly, as mad as it sounds, I’d have him back next year. He’s such a different option. God knows. 

F***ing algebra. Next thing you'll be telling me we've to integrate the area underneath the curve to caluculate his wages.

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'm sure we'll Keinan to Forest in the summer if he and Forest want it. He's enjoying playing regularly too much to want to be a bench player again. Also think the fee will be modest. If Forest don't go up, I think we'd sell for around 10mil, add another 5 on that if they go up. See the Targett affair, we don't do pushing for big money if the player wants to leave. Archer will be our young gun on the bench

Add in a sell on clause and or a buy back price. 

He’s an absolute beast of a striker in that division. Any side that can afford to buy him permanently could do a lot worse. 

I think he’ll end up being promoted with Forest this season. I really fancy them to make the playoffs and take their form into them. I’d like to see them back in the Prem. They’re a great club.

If they don’t make it, they can have Archer on loan next year! He needs to be playing for a top end championship side at the very least. 

• Like 1

His problem has always been staying fit for me not ability. He's finally proving he can(hopefully) stay fit.

Is there many other strikers that could potentially bring what Davis brings next season.

I think he could kick on again tbfh considering the amount of minutes he ...hasn't...had at 24.

• Like 2

Weird thing about watching his goals yesterday was realising that  I had no idea how keinan davis celebrated scoring goals. 

Was he a knee slider, fist pumper, hugger, dancer, crowd jumper? Guess it happened so rarely for villa it never really registered 

• Haha 1

Â