Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I'd be very happy with Ravel Morrison, he'd be very exciting to watch. 

That said, I think our actual need is for wingers/wide forwards. Ayew and Grealish would both prefer to play the no.10 role that Morrison would occupy. With those 3 behind a forward, width may be a problem. 

5 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I'd be very happy with Ravel Morrison, he'd be very exciting to watch. 

That said, I think our actual need is for wingers/wide forwards. Ayew and Grealish would both prefer to play the no.10 role that Morrison would occupy. With those 3 behind a forward, width may be a problem. 

We are not after Ravel Morrison 100%

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

No idea who we are after. However we don't want Morrison because of his past behavioral problems. It's as reliable info as you can get to be honest. Won't say anymore then that.

Hope you're right - he wouldn't make sense as a signing given everything Xia had said about attitude and personality.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, omariqy said:

No idea who we are after. However we don't want Morrison because of his past behavioral problems. It's as reliable info as you can get to be honest. Won't say anymore then that.

Tony has just confirmed that we have not been after him so looks like you're right!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

But with his history I would just prefer somebody else if thats the role they are taking up, Gnabry on loan for instance. 

Can't see Gnabry going anywhere now that they have let Joel Campbell go to Sporting Lisbon on loan for the season, Campbell could have done a good job here i think if we had gone for him & no idea why Wenger has let him go

I'm not overly fussed on Morrison BUT we need a player that is going to excite people, or make people talk and, ultimately, add a spark to quite a subdued team and fan base. We're solid but have no excitement. 

So if Morrison isn't on that list and there's only a week and a bit left of the transfer window, I'm worried there no other links at this stage.

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

"Until today"? So we're after him as of today?

No idea what he means, at first I thought he means now he is on the list, but it could just be the broken English as Tony might not have heard of Ravel until today... Your guess is as good as mine though.

31 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm not overly fussed on Morrison BUT we need a player that is going to excite people, or make people talk and, ultimately, add a spark to quite a subdued team and fan base. We're solid but have no excitement. 

So if Morrison isn't on that list and there's only a week and a bit left of the transfer window, I'm worried there no other links at this stage.

Tony has said he expects at least 2 from 4/5 that they are working on, so links or not there are approaches being made.