Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Full back: Trippier, Iorfa, De Laet or Gunter?

No. 9: Bony, Remy, Austin, Rhodes, Wells?  Wouldn't say any are "world class" though. 

I'd be happy giving Morrison a go too.  Presume Bond knows him from QPR days? 

Let's not forget, he's said he wants them done this week... Still a lot longer than that left of the window. Which means 2 things to me:

We have identified the striker and are fair way along in negotiations.

We have another week ,nearly, after this to bring more in... Definitely no need to panic with regards attacking midfielders or wingers.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think it's Remy, will be someone who plays in Gestede's positon but with a different style. Van Persie could be a possibility.

I see your logic, guys that 'were' rather than 'are' world class, but surely these sort of players could still command huge salaries from the US or the middle east? 

I'd be more inclined to think of a young player with bags of potential, like the boy from Madrid. 

That said, after recent links to wolves, I'm terrified that mad Mario could rock up.

Think today could nbe a

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think people should stop reading too much into the "world class" label. 

Absolutely - he means very good, which I think he will be.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me is Yedelin is the right back we've targeted. There is obviously a lot of joined up thinking going on at Villa at the moment - and whilst I'm sure RDM had targeted Jedinak as mentioned - bringing in an Australian when we are looking to expand out that way surely ticks everyone's boxes. USA has been mentioned as somewhere else we may be expanding into - so bringing in an American will help with that.

Not the number one thing we should be looking at when bringing in players, but it helps....

Last time Dr Tony made a bold transfer prediction for the exciting midfielder, it didn't quite map out as planned. I'm not holding it against him, but I'm cautious regarding a world class striker. Until they're pictured with Dr Tony i'll wait for the excitement. Not doubting their intentions, i hope they can get it done, along with a couple of others.

Just now, villan-scott said:

Last time Dr Tony made a bold transfer prediction for the exciting midfielder, it didn't quite map out as planned. I'm not holding it against him, but I'm cautious regarding a world class striker. Until they're pictured with Dr Tony i'll wait for the excitement. Not doubting their intentions, i hope they can get it done, along with a couple of others.

Wasn't Jedinak the midfield player? I'm pretty excited by that signing. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Wasn't Jedinak the midfield player? I'm pretty excited by that signing. 

Indeed he is a very good signing, i was referring more to timescales with the 'mapped out' comment. Like i said i don't doubt the ambition and the will to do the business, but there are a lot of factors in bringing in a world class striker out of our control. McCormack is a top class forward for where we are, and another of that ilk or better and we will be laughing.

• Like 1

For the love of god don't build your hopes up for a world class striker. Tony has got excited and used the term rather flippantly. 

My one requirement for our new number 9 is pace. Because we have absolutely bugger all of it going forwards. 

• Like 2

I think Jedinak was the exciting midfielder. There was a lot of people previous to that tweet asking Xia that we sign him, obviously I don't think they had any influence on the purchase, but I think that's what promted Xia to call him an exciting signing knowing how much a lot of Villa fans wanted him.

Edited by useless