Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Not for me-There's a reason why Boro have frozen him out.

There's better options than Rhodes out there

Because he's unproven in the Premier League. He's a monster in the Championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

A world class number 9... That's a pretty big promise I really hope we get one!

And one i think he will learn not to make. He is inviting trolls with such statements. 

15 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

"world class" hmmm

People need to remember General Krulak. I fear poor Tony might be lost in translation and get slammed if we have not pulled off Julian Draxler.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

No offence Omar but your ITK about the proposed villa takeover a year ago was well  off so I will take your comment with a large handful of salt. 

Sorry but it doesn't work like that. I also gave wrong information at one point, because I heard something. I do know things changed a LOT when it came to the takeover. It was only through relegation that the hand of Lerner finally relented. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People need to remember General Krulak. I fear poor Tony might be lost in translation and get,slammed in we have not pulled off Julian Draxler.

Thats the thing JV, even putting aside the fact we in the championship, "world class" is so subjective that he will be criticised whoever we bring in. 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I think he's just being positive. That Real Madrid striker we were linked with the other day looks pretty good.

Mariano and interesting timing of that rumor coming out.

• Like 1

I just burst out laughing when I read World Class thinking VT and the Internet is now going to piss itself for the next week until we get the name. 

To cut a lot of that chat at source I'll say this. There are probably less than 10 world class strikers in the world all of which cost over £50m and are firmly held assets at their respective clubs. 

I'd say our chances of signing of signing one of those would be around 1% and maybe that's being optimistic. 

I think if we are being ambitious we could get someone with the potential to be world class. Though you could say that about Adama to be honest.