Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Depth more than anything. It's a hard slog and I'm not convinced green is ready to be that player to step in. 

If we had a quality replacement today, we wouldn't have had to rely on kozak (Ayew up front)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Bring in a striker and winger....who do you drop? I presume Gestede but who does the winger replace? Ayew, Grealish or McCormack?

I think it's about having options, not only in times of injury or fatigue, but also in formation. At the moment the team picks itself, and there's little opportunity to change things around from the bench.

So, to answer your question, I would a lot would depend on the calibre of the players brought in. I would think Gestede and Grealish would be most likely to be competing for the starting berth if someone like Morrison was brought in.

41 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tony/Deisler pretty much stated we would be getting 2-3 more signings and 2-3 loans in. So potentially 6 more in, gonna be a very busy 10 days. 

Is Deisler actually somebody who knows Tony?

Edited by Mantis

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Depth more than anything. It's a hard slog and I'm not convinced green is ready to be that player to step in. 

If we had a quality replacement today, we wouldn't have had to rely on kozak (Ayew up front)

Ayew could certainly do a job for us up front; the problem is us not having an adequate replacement in midfield.  Not only in terms of beating a man and opening up space, but someone willing to put the effort into his defensive work for 90 minutes - I've been very impressed with Ayew in this respect so far this season.  You're totally right that it's a little more depth that we need.

Going by Xia's tweets and Di Matteo's comments about needing something different, I think that the striker we're targeting is Hernandez for his pace. Maybe if that doesn't work out, we'll go for Wells.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Going by Xia's tweets and Di Matteo's comments about needing something different, I think that the striker we're targeting is Hernandez for his pace. Maybe if that doesn't work out, we'll go for Wells.

Go for both.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Wells should be on top of our list of strikers.

We need some pace up front

I don't know much about Wells pal, but i agree we could do with some.pace upfront. 

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Morrison and Hernandez and we will tear this league a new a hole, I would be really happy with both of them.

After such a great start to the season i think we may have missed the boat with Hernandez.