Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

56 minutes ago, Pembers said:
Guessing the full back is De Laet? If he really does mean 'world class' striker then i'd imagine it wouldn't be someone we're linked to like Bamford or Wells.

I think if it was De Laet it would have been wrapped up a while ago? I think it may be Yedlin, although I have no basis for that, just a feeling

25 minutes ago, useless said:

It didn't start with Shelly, it started with the avillafan twitter. Who I think I'm right in saying had rep at the meeting with Xia and Wyness. I think it's also plausible to imagine that Xia might view a striker from them (Real Madrid) as being world class.

Not from my memory, was the other way around and then the fan sites started picking up on it... Nothing to do with the Wyness meeting just wishful thinking

It's not wishful thinking on my part, not at the time, and even less so now that Xia has said it's going to be someone world class. I'd never heard of him and have no idea how good he is. For what it's worth I think I'm right in saying that Shelly is part of 'My Old Man Said', who also had a rep at the Wyness meeting.

I think the main contenders are Hernandez, Dzeko, Remy or Bony.

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Abel Hernandez especially given the comments that he would like to join us.

After such a good start to the season Hull would surely be loathe to let him go? And unlike Chester, Jedinak and Elphick, who obviously all dropped down a division, is Hernandez not a guaranteed starter?

It would be a big statement thats for sure. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

After such a good start to the season Hull would surely be loathe to let him go? And unlike Chester, Jedinak and Elphick, who obviously all dropped down a division, is Hernandez not a guaranteed starter?

It would be a big statement thats for sure. 

Yes, you are right about what you say. However, often if the player wants the move he can get it.

We'll see. If it is not him then will be interesting to see who else it is. 

Edited by Brumstopdogs

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Remy or Slimani I reckon. 

West Bromich Albion have made a revised £21million offer for Sporting Lisbon striker Islam Slimani.

The Portuguese club value the Algeria international at £26million and have rebuffed all offers so far with Swansea and Everton among those to have enquired recently.

Slimani scored 32 goals in all competitions last season for club and country and has scored 56 in 107 games for Sporting over three years.

The rags are reporting a few PL teams in for Slimani. With so much interest, and at the price quoted, i really can't see it being him. 

Remy though is a really good shout.