Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Hull wouldn't have wanted to sell hernandez to begin with, the problem for them is that club appears to be a mess as things stand, and he might want out, I think he's even been quoted as saying that he'd like to join us, or words to that affect. The problem for us if he does leave, is that he'd be expensive, wouldn't be surprised if it cost approaching £20m to sign him, and after a good start in the Premier, other teams in that division might go for him.

I think our defence is fine. We could have better full backs, but they're not our biggest need. Midfield is a worry, although Jedi will make a big difference. But who scores our goals?

We need a better second keeper than Bunn.

• Like 1

For me rb is dropping right down the priority list. 

Winger, attacking mid and striker are all more important IMO. 

Bacuna is ok there. But we're going to need more upfront to win the amount of games needed for promotion. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me rb is dropping right down the priority list. 

Winger, attacking mid and striker are all more important IMO. 

Bacuna is ok there. But we're going to need more upfront to win the amount of games needed for promotion. 

But in our formation the full backs are pretty vital to providing the width in attack. Personally I think RB would be joint top priority with another striker.

People keep talking about wingers but we don't play with them and I personally don't see us even trying to sign one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

But in our formation the full backs are pretty vital to providing the width in attack. Personally I think RB would be joint top priority with another striker.

People keep talking about wingers but we don't play with them and I personally don't see us even trying to sign one.

It's true but I feel like Bacuna can do a decent enough job. 

I think in order for us to get more goals we need vetter options or competition for ayew and Gestede in the positions they've been playing in. 

Yeah I think RB is down on the list.  For me the priority is... 

Striker 

Attacking midfielder 

Right back 

Winger 

Centre mid 

I'd like all of these brought in to be honest,  especially with Veretout and Adama wanting out.  

31 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We've played 442 in the opening few games so you might not want to call them wingers but we do lack depth in the wide midfield area. At present we have Ayew, Grealish and Green for those two positions. I don't think it's unreasonable that people would look for additions in that area of the pitch however you want to label it. 

• Like 1

Bacuna playing well, but if he were to get injured or lose his form, that leaves us with Hutton who unfortunately is a big weak spot for us in my opinion.  I think one of the reasons we've signed Jedinak is to allow the full-backs to get forward more, adding width to the team. I hope we can get another RB in to do this job on the right hand side, haven't seen much of Yedlin but Sunderland seemed hopeful that they might sign him, so must have done well there.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Why? Not saying we don't just that it doesn't strike me as being that important.

Particularly at VP we will face sides sitting deep where pace isn't huge help.

I agree with the post, about needing pace. When away from home we will have the chance to counter and pace is essential. A few times yesterday (and against Wednesday) counter attacks were too one paced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Why? Not saying we don't just that it doesn't strike me as being that important.

Particularly at VP we will face sides sitting deep where pace isn't huge help.

I just think we need strikers with different qualities and pace is something we really lack up top. Just like the counter attack we had yesterday with kozak, if that was a striker with pace might have scored. Kozak was an embarrassment. Even RDM knew tgat hence subbing him!

I think we are decent at counter attacking therefore we need someone quick

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I just think we need strikers with different qualities and pace is something we really lack up top. Just like the counter attack we had yesterday with kozak, if that was a striker with pace might have scored. Kozak was an embarrassment. Even RDM knew tgat hence subbing him!

I think we are decent at counter attacking therefore we need someone quick

I think we have:

Target man: Gestede, player who is good on the ball and a little tricky: Ayew, technical player who can bring others into the game: McCormack. Only option for pace is Hepburn-Murphy, and I am not sure he is ready.

• Like 1