Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

No argument - was just hoping your dislike of a player was based on something less pathetic than old "reports" with no quotes.

I should have known better :crylaugh:

Why would you care? And for the third time it was based on reports about him leaving yesterday, not old reports. Again you seem to just pick something in your head to argue with. And most opinions shared on this board probably don't have quotes to prove either way, where is your issue with them? Guess you were just board with lack of football and had to be your usual self on here. 

I'd forgot how much fun that was. Pleasure interacting with you as always. 

41 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

VillaTalk is the friendliest place on the Internet. Fact.

F##k you 

:D

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Linked with Islam Slimani of Sporting Lisbon for 24mil according to newsnow.

Pie in the sky but could you imagine? 

It would certainly tie in with Xia's tweet about "quality over quantity".. Seems Xia doesn't care what the cost is provided they are good which is certainly different to what we are used to as a club. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Know nothing of the player at all - £24m though :o

Looks like he's linked with Arsenal and Everton too.

12 hours ago, Daweii said:

End of the day the club fundamentally is completely different to the one that got relegated.. Yes some of the players are still the same, but everything around them has changed and that could be all the difference. Often times I think as fans we let our bias cloud our judgement, yes we woefully under performed but I truly don't believe that everyone involved in that relegation is as bad as it made them look. I trust RDM and if he believes that we can get by with a few new signings and many of last seasons players then I have no reason to doubt him yet... Yes I will hold my hands up at the end of the season if my trust was misplaced, but I feel I have to trust RDM on this. 

I think pretty much all the players are the same, what have we changed 3 in and 3 out out of 30 odd ? Whilst on the one hand I agree it feels like the whole culture has/will changed, you could equally argue that most of what has happened since May also happened last year.

Lerner backed off. A new Board ran the Club. A new Manager was brought in.  But nothing changed.

As I have said previously I fully accept the need for patience, and I fully accept the odd poor player may improve, but it would be fatal to think major surgery (6 players minimum to go) isn't needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Pie in the sky I'm afraid. £24m pound players don't join Championship clubs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I think pretty much all the players are the same, what have we changed 3 in and 3 out out of 30 odd ? Whilst on the one hand I agree it feels like the whole culture has/will changed, you could equally argue that most of what has happened since May also happened last year.

Lerner backed off. A new Board ran the Club. A new Manager was brought in.  But nothing changed.

As I have said previously I fully accept the need for patience, and I fully accept the odd poor player may improve, but it would be fatal to think major surgery (6 players minimum to go) isn't needed.

I'm with you.  With so little time left this summer we have a hell of a lot of work to do on the playing staff.  The club may have changed but where it matters most the change has been minimal. All the noises from the club are that the squad size needs reducing.  On that basis we should see far more out than in in the next few weeks and the ones we are left with will need to be at their best in a 46 game league season.

For me we have not done anywhere near as much business as I had hoped and it is one more reason why I am writing off any idea of promotion next season

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

On that basis we should see far more out than in in the next few weeks and the ones we are left with will need to be at their best in a 46 game league season.

For me we have not done anywhere near as much business as I had hoped and it is one more reason why I am writing off any idea of promotion next season

I assume the problem is that we can't get rid of our players (as expected). They are all on too much money given how terrible they are and nobody will take them off us. Until we trim the squad we can't bring in the new players that we need. It's a catch 22 and a hangover of the years of terrible management of the club. The chickens are coming home to roost.

Edited by villa89

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'm with you.  With so little time left this summer we have a hell of a lot of work to do on the playing staff.  The club may have changed but where it matters most the change has been minimal. All the noises from the club are that the squad size needs reducing.  On that basis we should see far more out than in in the next few weeks and the ones we are left with will need to be at their best in a 46 game league season.

Unfortunately you can't make people buy the players we don't want. We've bought 3/4 of a new spine. If we were still in the PL I'd agree we'd be in for another season of trying to stay up but we aren't we are in a Championship that's 2/3 crap. It's a slog more than anything else. If we added in only a striker we'd be pushing for automatic. Look at Blues they're awful and were in with a chance of the playoffs until late on. Regardless of departures I can see 2 more coming in then I think it'll be one in one out just to keep a happy manageable squad. 

I think you have made a good post there Mark but I find it interesting that you don't class Grealish as a youngster, I think people forget that he is still only 20 years old, it feels like he's been around for ages

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1