Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

33 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

On to more cheerful news, it looks like Celtic will be coming back with an improved offer for Sinclair.

Add to that the deal for Sanchez moving to Marseille has been agreed but put on hold, while the clubs talk about a loan deal for Veretout.

Veretout has apparently told the club that he doesn't want to play in the championship and wants a move back to France, which is good in that it means his contract doesn't need to be paid up. Get him out on loan for a fee and it's a shop window for him to get a permanent move.

That's three wages off the books and a bit of income brought in.

All that's needed now is to get some more of the non-performers of last season out. 

The only move I can see happening for Lescott is to the MLS, maybe that could be the only move for Agbonlahor too.

Gil, I think, has also said he doesn't want to play in the championship, so we might as well get him gone.

With Westwood reported as being on Burnley's list, it looks like things could start moving in the right direction. 

itk.jpg

50 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Whilst I'm inclined to agree in principle, if he doesn't want to play in the championship, we need to get rid. Better to get some money for him and have him away from the team than have a sulky arsehole making the place look untidy.

if he doesnt want to play in the Championship then he should have got his finger out last season ;)

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

if he doesnt want to play in the Championship then he should have got his finger out last season ;)

Agreed. How about taking some responsibility for the situation you've contributed to creating. I guess this doesn't apply to today's jumped up footballers. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't get these players saying 'they don't want to play in the championship' well I don't want to watch my team in the championship either, but guess who's fault it is, and now we're stuck with it you numptees. You as players weren't good enough to stay in the PL but suddenly you don't want to play in the championship, so you get to sod off somewhere else and the loyal fans are the ones left up s**t creek without a paddle. 

Apols for the rant, just annoyed me. 

No need for apologies, you are completely right. 

• Like 1

I guess at least with Vertout, Gil and Traore you can say that none of them really had the opportunities to really try and fight for survival. Not saying that they are without blame as the former two never did much when they did play but when you see shatplanks like Bacuna, Lescott and to a lesser extent Westwood, Sinclair and Gestede get more pitch time than you - it must jar.

There was a bloke behind us at Telford yesterday on the phone for most of the game, was trying to listen in but it was hard going, he sounded like he had something to do with Fulham, mentioned his lot going to Spain next week which they are, impossible who he was talking to and at times about...mentioned the dembele to Celtic deal...mentioned them tryin to buy someone and refusing to pay more than £1m which if he was watching yesterday then that's got to be cissokho or baker...mentioned a £10m statement signing which was being held up by a £350k signing on fee...mentioned Shane long but I couldn't tell the context...definitely said they've spoken to Duffy but I couldn't tell who "they" were...him and another bloke who was obviously a scout left after an hour 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

itk.jpg

Not at all an ITK mj.

It's just that I member what I've read. Like the first report of Burnley's possible £6m interest in Westwood also said, they might be interested in Gestede too, for the same amount.

#

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't get these players saying 'they don't want to play in the championship' well I don't want to watch my team in the championship either, but guess who's fault it is, and now we're stuck with it you numptees. You as players weren't good enough to stay in the PL but suddenly you don't want to play in the championship, so you get to sod off somewhere else and the loyal fans are the ones left up s**t creek without a paddle. 

Apols for the rant, just annoyed me. 

Spot on. Still happy to take a wage from the club though...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Not at all an ITK mj.

It's just that I member what I've read. Like the first report of Burnley's possible £6m interest in Westwood also said, they might be interested in Gestede too, for the same amount.

#

The thing is you can't believe every rumour you read. 90%+ of football rumours are BS.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Did I miss something? What did he do?

I just don't like these players, who did nothing to help keep us up, look to leave because they won't lower themselves to championship football. 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Did I miss something? What did he do?

Allegedly, through a dozen grapevines and a 7 man Chinese whisper chain, his agent claimed he doesn't fancy playing in the Championship.

Conclusions should not be jumped to.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't like these players, who did nothing to help keep us up, look to leave because they won't lower themselves to championship football. 

As far as I'm aware he hasn't said anything of the sort?

• Like 1