Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't get these players saying 'they don't want to play in the championship' well I don't want to watch my team in the championship either, but guess who's fault it is, and now we're stuck with it you numptees. You as players weren't good enough to stay in the PL but suddenly you don't want to play in the championship, so you get to sod off somewhere else and the loyal fans are the ones left up s**t creek without a paddle. 

Apols for the rant, just annoyed me. 

Solid rant. Would bang.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Hopefully none of our players wan't to play in the Championship and therefore will do their utmost to get us out of there asap.

i dont know, some of them tried their best last season to make sure we played in it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No, there's lot of reports of him possibly leaving. 

Well, let us know where they are, so we can assess their credibility. I have not seen anything at all to suggest it. Posters ranting against and insulting a player without a shred of evidence that the player has done or said anything to warrant it. When will we learn. It is just very silly.

• Like 1

From 90mins...

http://www.90min.com/posts/3473802-aston-villa-s-jordan-veretout-nearing-villa-park-exit-with-move-to-marseille-reportedly-close

Aston Villa midfielder Jordan Veretout is close to ending a miserable spell at Villa Park, with a loan move to French side Marseille reportedly nearing completion.

Reported in French news outlet L'Equipe, Marseille are interested in taking Veretout to the south of France on a season long loan. The former Nantes midfielder moved to the Midlands club for a fee of £8.3m last summer as Villa looked to retain their place in England's top flight.

However, the Frenchman endured a difficult campaign and was one of a group of players to have been criticised for the abject displays as the club succumbed to relegation. The 25-year-old made 25 appearances for the club last season, however he struggled to establish himself as a first team regular.

Veretout was not helped by playing under two different managers during his torrid first season in England. Signed by Tim Sherwood last summer, the English manager was replaced by Frenchman Remi Garde in November 2015. However, as a collective and on an individual level, performances failed to improve.

With reports stating that new manager Robero Di Matteo is keen to shake up his squad, it is little surprise that Veretout is set to fall short of the new manager's regime.

Edited by Supervillan78

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

From 90mins...

http://www.90min.com/posts/3473802-aston-villa-s-jordan-veretout-nearing-villa-park-exit-with-move-to-marseille-reportedly-close

Aston Villa midfielder Jordan Veretout is close to ending a miserable spell at Villa Park, with a loan move to French side Marseille reportedly nearing completion.

Reported in French news outlet L'Equipe, Marseille are interested in taking Veretout to the south of France on a season long loan. The former Nantes midfielder moved to the Midlands club for a fee of £8.3m last summer as Villa looked to retain their place in England's top flight.

However, the Frenchman endured a difficult campaign and was one of a group of players to have been criticised for the abject displays as the club succumbed to relegation. The 25-year-old made 25 appearances for the club last season, however he struggled to establish himself as a first team regular.

Veretout was not helped by playing under two different managers during his torrid first season in England. Signed by Tim Sherwood last summer, the English manager was replaced by Frenchman Remi Garde in November 2015. However, as a collective and on an individual level, performances failed to improve.

With reports stating that new manager Robero Di Matteo is keen to shake up his squad, it is little surprise that Veretout is set to fall short of the new manager's regime.

No big loss... Hopefully he plays well for Marseille, and Psg buy him next summer for 15m

A man who wasn't first choice in the worst midfield the Prem has seen for a while Is no loss whatsoever.

It speaks volumes of the new ownership if they're prepared to let him go out on loan for nothing just so we can bring in a better replacement.

If we are getting a fee for him, all well and good but it doesn't look like Marseille have the funds.

I pity their fans next season if Vertout & Sanchez are forming part of their midfield.

• Like 2

Could Marseille just make up their sodding minds who they want?????? First it's Gana, then Sanchez, now Veretout......

Tell you what boys, buy both Sanchez and Veretout and we will throw in a a free "striker" and a free "Centre Back". Premier league quality - honest :-)

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Could Marseille just make up their sodding minds who they want?????? First it's Gana, then Sanchez, now Veretout......

Tell you what boys, buy both Sanchez and Veretout and we will throw in a a free "striker" and a free "Centre Back". Premier league quality - honest :-)

It's more likely the press finding out that theres been contact between the clubs and applying guesswork on who the target is. Let's hope they're in for Sanchez as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Because Lescott is a man-child who tweeted a picture of his new luxury purchase in a petty reaction to fans who had every right to abuse the fecker. And it hasn't been forgotten.

Ah OK, like being 12 again then?  Can you point me to the "supporting football team" section

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

From 90mins...

Bullshit. No way we would be loaning him out.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Google his name and I'm sure you'll find one. 

And I didn't insult him. 

No, I can't find one. Perhaps because there isn't one?

And I said posters. But you were liking them and if you check your posts, I would consider them to be insulting.

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

No, I can't find one. Perhaps because there isn't one?

And I said posters. But you were liking them and if you check your posts, I would consider them to be insulting.

You just quoted one. How did I insult him?