Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Good post, where I am now - 3 weeks away from the start of the season with pretty much the same squad apart from a few fringe players leaving and three decent in.  Still reasonably positive, but need to get our business done pretty quickly now.

Well with anyone who is anyone when it comes to signing players over in China, I doubt any new signing is immanent. What I am waiting for next is the leaked list of players who have been told to find other clubs............ Next Weekend should be good for that as we will have to start playing the team we want to start the season with.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

So I think I read that Richards, Lescott and Bacuna were not involved today and that this means they are offski. Get them out and sign two strikers and a 'creative' player and we'll be golden.

Don't get too excited Jareth, Richards and Bacuna were both injured in Austria and Les cotton replaced Okore today. 

5 hours ago, useless said:

The Chronicle are reporting that Newcastle have discussed the possibility of signing Sinclair. I think it would be a mistake to sell him to a promotion rival.

Edit: The Chronicle is a local paper in the North East of England, pretty much their version of the Birmingham Mail, might even be run by the same company.

I'd take a straight swap with Henri Saivet coming our way..

If we can get this Slimani, then that would soften the blow of losing Sinclair.

Edited by useless
Losing Sinclair wouldn't be a blow in of itself, but we have to be careful who we sell him to considering he scored 27 goals last time he was in the Championship.
  • Like 1

We haven't done enough so far and it's as simple as that. People were saying at the end of last season that this squad needed a HUGE overhaul otherwise it would face relegation again; well not a lot has changed.

Putting the happy clappy Dr Xia is the bestest and we're going to be one of the top three clubs in the world bullshit aside...we're still a joke football club with a LONG, LONG way to go. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, useless said:

If we can get this Slimani, then that would soften the blow of losing Sinclair.

Kind of like a fat girl telling you she doesnt love you anymore because you slept with her hot friend.

29 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

We haven't done enough so far and it's as simple as that. People were saying at the end of last season that this squad needed a HUGE overhaul otherwise it would face relegation again; well not a lot has changed.

Putting the happy clappy Dr Xia is the bestest and we're going to be one of the top three clubs in the world bullshit aside...we're still a joke football club with a LONG, LONG way to go. 

It doesn't need a huge overhaul it just needs a decent turnover in players. Our squad was unbalanced last year and if you add in the returning loanees we are bloated. If we never sold anyone we'd need a goalscorer then our squad would be easily playoff material. To win the league I would want a new RD another CM and a goalscorer. Golini Elphick Amavi Grealish Traore Bennett Gardner Tshibola all hardly played last year through one reason or another so to me they're all improvements to the squad. We haven't done enough yet but it's 3 weeks to the 1st game and 6 till the window closes then I think there's a loan window. Calm down no team has their finished squad yet. 

I don't know anything about the player or the level of interest of other clubs in him, but I would have thought so. The link came from the 'Daily Star', who I believe don't have the best of reputations when it comes to reports of this nature (no offence Daily Star readers), so we might not even be interested in him at all.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't know anything about the player or the level of interest of other clubs in him, but I would have thought so. The link came from the 'Daily Star', who I believe don't have the best of reputations when it comes to reports of this nature (no offence Daily Star readers), so we might not even be interested in him at all.

Very likely we aren't. Last January, we were linked to alot of players according to a variety of news sources, and they proved to be 100% wrong because we signed bugger all.