Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

So I think I read that Richards, Lescott and Bacuna were not involved today and that this means they are offski. Get them out and sign two strikers and a 'creative' player and we'll be golden.

Bacuna is injured.  Richards is injured.  Lescott is old.  Wouldn't read much into it. 

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Bacuna is injured.  Richards is injured.  Lescott is old.  Wouldn't read much into it. 

I reckon there is a fair chance all 3 will be moved on. Just look at that video of Lescott being asked about his new car, way too much bad blood for these guys to be involved next season.

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I reckon there is a fair chance all 3 will be moved on. Just look at that video of Lescott being asked about his new car, way too much bad blood for these guys to be involved next season.

what video?

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

what video?

Voila

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-aston-villas-joleon-lescott-11625011?

Joleon Lescott was not amused when a cheeky Aston Villa fan tried to wind him up about his infamous car tweet.

Mitchell Clark asked Lescott 'how's your new car?' as the defender walked past him at Walshes Meadow, where Villa beat Worcester City 5-1 in a pre-season friendly.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Voila

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-aston-villas-joleon-lescott-11625011?

Joleon Lescott was not amused when a cheeky Aston Villa fan tried to wind him up about his infamous car tweet.

Mitchell Clark asked Lescott 'how's your new car?' as the defender walked past him at Walshes Meadow, where Villa beat Worcester City 5-1 in a pre-season friendly.

All I can say is, why ask?

In some cases time is not a healer - I think a section of the crowd will look at the likes of Lescott, Bacuna, Richards, SInclair and Gabby and never accept them back into the team.

Although what's be said and done, some players burn bridges too far with the fanbase.

Barry is probably one of the only ones who managed to turn the fans and then win them back, so there is hope for those currently villified to redeem themselves (I wouldn't hold my breath though)

Edited by theboyangel

52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Because Lescott is a man-child who tweeted a picture of his new luxury purchase in a petty reaction to fans who had every right to abuse the fecker. And it hasn't been forgotten.

And then rather than admit it and take his medicine like a man he made up some pathetic story which was an insult to our intelligence about it accidentally tweeting from his pocket the rickety toad bucket. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dn1982 said:

To win the league I would want a new RD another CM and a goalscorer.

Haven't we already got a new RD? ..well RDM

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And then rather than admit it and take his medicine like a man he made up some pathetic story which was an insult to our intelligence about it accidentally tweeting from his pocket the rickety toad bucket. 

I thought Lescott handled it pretty well. No emotion, just "brilliant". Well done.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

In some cases time is not a healer - I think a section of the crowd will look at the likes of Lescott, Bacuna, Richards, SInclair and Gabby and never accept them back into the team.

Although what's be said and done, some players burn bridges too far with the fanbase.

Barry is probably one of the only ones who managed to turn the fans and then win them back, so there is hope for those currently villified to redeem themselves (I wouldn't hold my breath though)

They really do need to go. If we don't get off to a good start the knives will be out and the atmosphere toxic again.

New players will earn a little reprieve.

Also, these players are **** shit.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I thought Lescott handled it pretty well. No emotion, just "brilliant". Well done.

I thought he was just being professional, which is better late than never, I guess. 6 months ago, he'd have probably told the lad to turn up at BMH for a straightener.

I think there is an outside chance of one of either Richards or Bacuna coming back from this and turning things around (only if we can't offload and are stuck with them)-It's happened before.

For Lescott though, his boat has sailed. He has turned into an unbelievably poor player as age has caught up with him very quickly. He simply hasn't got it any more and coupled with the issues of last season, I can't see any way back for him. It's unfortunate because I'm sure it's not how he wanted things to turn out when he joined last year-The posting of that Tweet betrayed him as incredibly stupid, what did he expect after a 6-0 home defeat, an open top bus tour through the city?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The big problem with keeping Agbonlahor, Richards, Lescott and Bacuna, is that one mistake and they will be pilloried by the crowd.

That sort of thing quickly spreads, and the negativity effects the entire team. If the management team involves them, they are taking quite a chance.

Bacuna is just stupid, the other 3, I cannot forgive for last season. They bear a great responsibility, in my opinion, for us being in the position we are in.

Yes and of course there is the potential of them disrupting as well. At least 2, ideally 3 need to be bombed out. Lescott is possibly open to a buy out given him only having 1 year left. The other 3 are all on long contracts and earning more than anyone else is likely to want to pay for them. With only one remaining, I would be prepared to let him get his head down and see what he can achieve. The sad thing is, after last season, you wouldn't want any of them starting in the Championship, which further indicates how absolutely woeful the team was.

• Like 2

On to more cheerful news, it looks like Celtic will be coming back with an improved offer for Sinclair.

Add to that the deal for Sanchez moving to Marseille has been agreed but put on hold, while the clubs talk about a loan deal for Veretout.

Veretout has apparently told the club that he doesn't want to play in the championship and wants a move back to France, which is good in that it means his contract doesn't need to be paid up. Get him out on loan for a fee and it's a shop window for him to get a permanent move.

That's three wages off the books and a bit of income brought in.

All that's needed now is to get some more of the non-performers of last season out. 

The only move I can see happening for Lescott is to the MLS, maybe that could be the only move for Agbonlahor too.

Gil, I think, has also said he doesn't want to play in the championship, so we might as well get him gone.

With Westwood reported as being on Burnley's list, it looks like things could start moving in the right direction. 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I would not loan Veretout out at all.  Sell him or play him.  I'd rather just play him.  

Whilst I'm inclined to agree in principle, if he doesn't want to play in the championship, we need to get rid. Better to get some money for him and have him away from the team than have a sulky arsehole making the place look untidy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I would not loan Veretout out at all.  Sell him or play him.  I'd rather just play him.  

If he's said he doesn't want to play in the championship then theres not much point. I always got the feeling that he never quite settled here. If we can get him out on loan and not have to subsidise wages, I'll be happy with that-He wouldn't have been in my starting 11 in any case. If we can get a loan fee now and a transfer fee at some point in the future, that will do.

by the end of this transfer window I think Gueye, Ayew and Vertout will be gone. I have some small hope Amavi will stay at least to get match fit but could be gone by Jan.

I just think we have to be realistic

I would love to keep Ayew and Amavi and hope Xia and RDM play hardball on those. Vertout never got enough game time for me so i'd hope he would have something to prove, but it sounds like he will pussy out at the first opportunity back to France.

Gueye thinks he has earned a move to a Premiership club and i think that will happen late in the window, a reputation earned by stats and nothing else.