Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

to be fair there have been a lot of stories from tabloids claiming agents of Vertout, Gueye, Ayew, Gil and even Amavi have been pimping their clients all over the place as their players have 'no intention of playing in the championship'. But with no actual quotes from the players themselves or bids.

The Sanchez to Marseille and Sinclair to Celtic moves seem to be the first credible links that have surfaced, and with Marseille i am sure they'll be linked to Ayew in a few hours or taking Mark Bunn on loan.

Anyway in other news Dr. T X is playing down our chances of making a lot of signings on Twitter, stating 'quality not quantity' but this could be more around the need to reduce the squad. 

Edited by VillanousOne

Or perhaps the good doctor is more astute than we give him credit for. No sense in replacing one heap of steaming poop with another. A few quality tweeks might make an enormous difference....who knows?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You just quoted one. How did I insult him?

Agreed, that one was not insulting. It was just stating something that you cannot back up.

Check your other posts, as I said, and if you do not find them insulting then you and I have a different idea of what is insulting, and there is nothing more to be said.

End of the day the club fundamentally is completely different to the one that got relegated.. Yes some of the players are still the same, but everything around them has changed and that could be all the difference. Often times I think as fans we let our bias cloud our judgement, yes we woefully under performed but I truly don't believe that everyone involved in that relegation is as bad as it made them look. I trust RDM and if he believes that we can get by with a few new signings and many of last seasons players then I have no reason to doubt him yet... Yes I will hold my hands up at the end of the season if my trust was misplaced, but I feel I have to trust RDM on this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Agreed, that ne was not insulting. It was just stating something that you cannot back up.

Check your other posts, as I said, and if you do not find them insulting then you and I have a different idea of what is insulting, and there is nothing more to be said

Back it up? I said I've based it on recent reports about him leaving, which exist.  What would you like me to do.

I've probably been critical of his ability on the pitch but I don't recall insulting this player. 

This certainly is a pointless argument all because I said I'm starting to dislike Veretout more. Hardly the worst crime on a football forum. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Back it up? I said I've based it on recent reports about him leaving, which exist.  What would you like me to do.

I've probably been critical of his ability on the pitch but I don't recall insulting this player. 

This certainly is a pointless argument all because I said I'm starting to dislike Veretout more. Hardly the worst crime on a football forum. 

I think it was more that this view is based on a Villa Talk post about him not wanting to play in the Championship. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think it was more that this view is based on a Villa Talk post about him not wanting to play in the Championship. 

And as I said, it's based on actual reports that he could be leaving. I'd be surprised if he was one that RDM wanted to ship out so if reports are true I think it's because he wants out. Didn't think it was that hard to understand when I originally said it was based on actual reports of him possibly going 

Just now, DCJonah said:

And as I said, it's based on actual reports that he could be leaving. I'd be surprised if he was one that RDM wanted to ship out so if reports are true I think it's because he wants out. Didn't think it was that hard to understand when I originally said it was based on actual reports of him possibly going 

I did a quick Google search - the rumours of him saying he "didn't want to play in the Championship" and wanted to leave were about a month ago (and, of course, have no quotes).

I guess maybe just a delayed reaction. Fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I did a quick Google search - the rumours of him saying he "didn't want to play in the Championship" and wanted to leave were about a month ago (and, of course, have no quotes).

I guess maybe just a delayed reaction. Fair enough. 

Great. There's also reports about him leaving today. Don't worry, Google is a fairly new site, you'll get the hang of it soon. 

if we do sign a striker i dont think he can be african so that should definately rule out that algerian. we would have no options upfront during the african cup with gestede and ayew both more than likely absent

I think we've all got used to looking at players and asking ourselves if they can perform at the level and if the answer is yes, we're happy. We're looking to build a side that will not only perform in the championship but will give the likes of Newcastly, Derby, Norwich and Brighton a run for their money. Vetrout is little more than a prospect at this stage-There is no guarantee that he will ever be any better, he is after all 25 ish. I want players in there who I know will be able to give anyone in that league a game. I'm not sure that Vertout will.

Loaning him out will see a good percentage fall off his re-sale fee in 12 months time. The fact that the club are prepared to take this hit (something Lerner would never have done) shows ambition to me.

Let him go and lets get someone in who is better and more hungry than Vertout is. The more links from last season that are severed, the better for me.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Great. There's also reports about him leaving today. Don't worry, Google is a fairly new site, you'll get the hang of it soon. 

There was a story in L'Equipe that numerous sites have quoted saying Vertout wants to join them and not play in the championship etc, bundled in with the Sanchez story.

7 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Loaning him out will see a good percentage fall off his re-sale fee in 12 months time. The fact that the club are prepared to take this hit (something Lerner would never have done) shows ambition to me.

Eh? Why will it? He could go out on loan and have a stormer and someone pays more to obtain him (see Alderweideld at Southampton)

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Are you able to find me his quotes saying he wants to leave then please? I obviously don't understand this Google stuff. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So he's moving up your list of players to dislike because of nothing he's said or done?

lol. 

Haha and you wanted to argue about it?

Happily said I could be completely wrong and was basing it on reports about him leaving. If only you read things you'd have saved yourself some extra time to practice using Google. 

52 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Eh? Why will it? He could go out on loan and have a stormer and someone pays more to obtain him (see Alderweideld at Southampton)

Have a stormer where? In the French league? LOL. He'll have less left on his contract, hence his re-sale value will fall. He's had a season here and he couldn't hold a place in the worst midfield in the league by a country mile-How much of a stormer do think he'd nee, just to get us anywhere near the £8 million +  that we paid for him?

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha and you wanted to argue about it?

Happily said I could be completely wrong and was basing it on reports about him leaving. If only you read things you'd have saved yourself some extra time to practice using Google. 

No argument - was just hoping your dislike of a player was based on something less pathetic than old "reports" with no quotes.

I should have known better :crylaugh:

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3